Parademic
Participant
@parademic

Hey all, just figured since I am drawing this up, that I would post pictures as it comes along!

Here is the first rough draft, the paper it’s on is not going to be big enough to fit everything I want into it. So I will have to tape multiple pieces of paper together and hopefully it all fits up nicely.
292038_10150287634553985_507548984_7782043_4059990_n.jpg

Here are the roses I added. Basically my plan is to have traditional style on the right and new style on the left. I am planning to have it hopefully the girls face and the realistic roses on the left side be shaded, and then have all the traditional stuff and skull be done in colour.
306759_10150287847403985_507548984_7783309_4535298_n.jpg

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

You may want to make it taller to fit into the ribs better. To me it looks a little to round to fit well for the ribs.

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

there will be a lot more to make it taller, this is going to be the main focus part in the middle of my side. I am planning to have this tattoo stretch from my arm pit to my waist. The middle of my side where my lower ribs are is pretty wide.

This is just the main focus point. I’m trying to figure out some things to add through the banner. Thinking maybe have the banner wrapping around, then a huge traditional anchor going from my arm pit to my waist, but that is something for the future.

Panter
Participant
@panter

Not my thing personally, but I like the concept and the design.
Looking forward to seeing the progress 😎

I really wish I could sketch, it would make it so much easier to see my artist with some designs on paper rather than bits of inspiration and vague ideas.

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

From the pic and having slept, I need to add some depth to the roses to separate them from the skull! This is really the first time I have drawn anything, besides a couple roses and hearts with banners in the last 6 or 7 years. My shading is a little rough, but getting better.

Today I plan on adding roses to the other side, just going to keep them the traditional roses, I really like the more. Then do a bit more shading and hopefully start on the banner, or at least plot out how I want the banner .

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

Added the roses on the other side, it was pretty tedious, was trying to get them as close to the same as possible, and without tracing paper, sometimes it can be hard, haha. But I think I did a pretty damn good job.

314054_10150288452238985_507548984_7788399_4587082_n.jpg

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

looks fucking awesome with the roses dude. can’t wait to see it on your skin!

Amok
Participant
@amok

looks really nice man, will make a great tattoo. it does seem a bit out of proportion (squashed?) but that could just be the angle of the photo.

actually, yeah as buttwheat said, a bit too round.

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

The roses on the left side are meant to be under the hair a bit, it’s hard to see but I was trying to think like, her skull doesn’t end where her hair is, but on the other side it does. So I was trying to have some of the hair cover the roses on the left side. This is also just my first rough draft. After this is done, I will get some tracing paper and really finalize a lot of the lines and put it onto a huge piece of paper. This one I’m going to have to tape multiple pieces together in order to get the full size.

What’s next is for the banner, I’m thinking about this.
The orange will be a banner, the banner will go from just under my armpit to my hip.
At the top, I was thinking of a traditional swallow holding the top of the banner, have the text on the 2 big parts just above and below the face, and then a traditional anchor swinging on the bottom.
Here’s my design plan from photoshop.
demo.jpg

Amok
Participant
@amok

I dare you to get it tattoed EXACTLY as the above pic

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

hahaha. On my butt if you paid for it

EAVS1891
Participant
@eavs1891

idea is pretty sick

bravo
Participant
@bravo

I personally love Day of the dead It’s totally my thing if I was you I would do a little more research, myself would choose one or the other It doesn’t seem to look right to me joining the two try looking at a guy called Dave Sanchez a tattoo artist from LA he might give you some fresh idea’s on detail also think about adding some Marigolds as well, I admire you for doing your design I couldn’t I dont have any imagination.
Good look with your design would like to see the finished drawing

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

It’s not supposed to a completely dedicated day of the dead tattoo. It’s meant to be a mix of traditional, new, and some day of the dead. Majority of it will be traditional, roses, banner, sparrow, anchor, but I wanted to have a new type of portrait with a traditional skull that has some day of the dead designs.

It’s a mix of everything. But I totally understand what you are saying.

The dayof the dead is the designs around the eyes and the lines, but then the traditional is the flowers on the skull, the key hole in the skulls forehead, missing tooth (or maybe gold).

I appreciate the comments though! I’m sure everything will come together in the end, this is a rough draft and there is a lot of small changes coming 🙂

bravo
Participant
@bravo

It’s the Mexican coming out of me day of the dead is what we celebrate, but yea I understand what you are wanting so go for it, lets hope when you are finished it will fit as you may get carried away adding allsorts;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.