metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa
KnightHawk;94293 wrote:
Did you read a damn word I said? No one has “Raw artistic ability”. It’s a skill. You either put the effort forward and develop the skill, or you don’t. But no art school worth its salt will let someone without at least a basic skillset graduate. That fucks with their bottom line.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

I guess that’s what I meant. A good school wouldn’t take somebody that doesn’t exhibit even the most basic ability to draw (if all I could draw was a stick figure I wouldn’t get in).

getinkedtattoos
Participant
@getinkedtattoos

Yeah, I mean I had to first prove my art was at a level that was acceptable for my shop (and my boss hadn’t taken on an apprentice for 5 years, and something like 30+ people had requested it but their stuff wasn’t up to par.) Then After overcoming THAT hurdle I worked for a long time scrubbing tubes, mopping floors, cleaning toilets…what have you. THEN “Gradually” I was taught the art. Oh, I also paid $6,500.00 to mop floors for free. I did all of this with thankfulness, and this is how it should be done…The RIGHT WAY!!! So many people these days are 18 year old kids with ZERO artistic ability ordering cheap (Made in China) kits off the net and thinking that their Tattoo Artists.. It infuriates me. Let’s say hypothetically that they actually turned out to lay down some ok ink (Which is VERY rare) but lets just pretend just to make a point. They may even TRY to be sterile and do the “RIGHT” thing. I GUARANTEE they are cross contaminating, know absolutely nada about BBP’s etc. Then you end up with a rash of tattoo related hep breakouts, and WHO does the health dept. and state agencies go after???? THE PROFESSIONALS!! I take scratchers a little more personally than most for this reason, and I hope all other professionals do as well, This is OUR INDUSTRY, and we are being made a mockery of. The last time a kid came into the shop trying to buy a few sheets of Spirit paper I chased him out with a cattle Prod…LOL!!!

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.