getinkedtattoos
Participant
@getinkedtattoos

Everyone in our industry needs to boycott that channel. That show just encourages little 18 year old idiots to order some shit “Kit” and scratch. DEATH TO ALL SCRATCHERS!!!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

That show has been canceled already. Where have you been? 🙂

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

How about shutting down all the real tattoo schools out there. I know there are a few around here.

getinkedtattoos
Participant
@getinkedtattoos

Good, I had no idea they had canceled it. The one episode I watched said they were training people to tattoo in 2 weeks.. What a joke!

getinkedtattoos
Participant
@getinkedtattoos

Yeah, very true!! Tattoo Schools… What a mess!!

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
ArniVidar;93985 wrote:
That show has been canceled already.

Damn it. I was working on my portfolio.

heman.jpg

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

It’s actually so pathetic there is even something called “tattoo school” can’t even imagine how shit some of the people tattooing are if they have gone through something like that.

It is my dream to be a tattoo artist but i know i am never going to be at a good enough level of drawing to pursue that dream so im settling with something i also love witch is photography. 🙂

metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa

What does a tattoo school teach? I would think you need natural artistic ability which can’t necessarily be taught (they do have art schools – wonder what they teach). Does a tattoo school introduce people to the equipment, or would somebody like me be able to enroll and actually believe I can just become a tattooist?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
metalmancpa;94257 wrote:
What does a tattoo school teach? I would think you need natural artistic ability which can’t necessarily be taught (they do have art schools – wonder what they teach). Does a tattoo school introduce people to the equipment, or would somebody like me be able to enroll and actually believe I can just become a tattooist?

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
metalmancpa;94257 wrote:
I would think you need natural artistic ability which can’t necessarily be taught (they do have art schools – wonder what they teach).

Art schools teach ART, dummy.

Drawing, painting, sculpting, these things are skills earned through hard work. No one is just “naturally” good at it. People who appear to be, go back and look at their childhood. They were drawing, painting, and being creative throughout. They just appear naturally talented because they got the hard grind of earning the skills out of the way when they were still young enough to not recognize it as a grind.

Art schools force you to do the grind. Good art schools direct it, to expedite the process. To expand your horizons and try projects you’d never try on your own. They give you a classical foundation, a set of skills and tools you can use to grown and learn as an artist.

And most of the best tattoo artists I’ve met, hell, went to a serious art school to get that foundation and those tools.

Everyone who wants to put the effort forward and who isn’t physically disabled can learn art. It’s the effort that’s the catch.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa
KnightHawk;94268 wrote:
Art schools teach ART, dummy.

I knew that 😮

Not sure what they teach at tattoo school (never saw the show in question), but can a person with no raw artistic ability come out of art school and be considered an artist?

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
metalmancpa;94273 wrote:
I knew that 😮

Not sure what they teach at tattoo school (never saw the show in question), but can a person with no raw artistic ability come out of art school and be considered an artist?

Did you read a damn word I said? No one has “Raw artistic ability”. It’s a skill. You either put the effort forward and develop the skill, or you don’t. But no art school worth its salt will let someone without at least a basic skillset graduate. That fucks with their bottom line.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

clay1680
@

Yess, so glad that dumb-fuck show got cancellend. i am in my fifth year in an art school and while watching that show was pissed off because i am going to be a tattoo artist and by letting any asshole with the money join that school is retarded. ive worked hard to gfet my art skills to the level its at and am only trying to further my passion in both fields of fine art and tattoos. and if your trying to become a tattoo artist the best thing is a fine art degree because it forces you to discipline yourself in art and expand everything youve learned already. i could keep ranting but fuck it im sick of people saying they want to be tattoo artists for the sole purpose of being one and not actually taking the time to be a good all around artists.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Science actually strongly suggests that genetics are a factor, though if people choose not to nurture their natural abilities, they’re not going to develop. There’s a continual debate about whether the ability to say, draw well, has a genetic component but there’s no question that creativity, for example, has a genetic component. Someone who is right-brain dominant is going to be more creative than someone who is left-brain dominant. That said, people without the genetics for it can certainly still be great artists, but genetics likely makes it come more easily to some.

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

Artistic abilities are definitely not something learned, they can be but some people understand composition, shading, etc naturally. My sister, even though I can’t stand her, has been able to look at someone and draw them since she could hold a pencil, my dad was the same way. No schooling, never took art class in school, but can draw things amazingly from natural ability to see and reproduce.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.