Rhenna
Participant
@rhenna

I’ve been looking around for someone local and I think this girl looks pretty good but I don’t really know what I’m looking for either. So I thought I’d ask for opinions from people more experienced than me.

http://www.myspace.com/colorwheeltattoos/photos/albums/album/905675

Also, what kind of questions should I be asking or what kind of things should I look for when talking to artists? Thanks for any suggestions or help.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

very good

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Her more traditional work looks ok. I’m not a fan at all of her “color portraits” type of work it is pretty flat.
Over all I would pass on her.
You should decide on what kind of tattoo you want first and find an artist that fits that type of tattoo.
As for talking to the artist just talk to them about your tattoo idea and if they don’t seem excited to do it take a pass. You will get a much better tattoo from an artist that is pumped to do it.

Rhenna
Participant
@rhenna

I’m thinking of something kinda like this:

But I need to find someone that will help take that idea and turn it into something more for me. I don’t want something that huge and I’m really interested in the arm section not sure yet about doing the entire back. But this image is definitely the kind of style I want. I can only seem to find artists that do a lot more realistic pieces so I’m having trouble seeing if someone would be good at something like this.

I guess I should just take some examples of the styles I like and go in and talk to the artists, see what their response is to what I’m looking for. Thanks buttwheat.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

look for someone published in your area, someone who’s work has won local convention trophiies, someone who gets their work in the magazines, you wear ink forever, why not wear the best, if you need someone in your area, let us know where you are, the members can help

Adler
Participant
@adler

I thought overall her work looks pretty good.

Rhenna
Participant
@rhenna

I’m about an hour outside of Philly. I know someone had posted recently inquiring about artists on the east coast and I am within driving distance of some listed on that thread. If at all possible though I like to support local business owners which is why I asked about her work. But at the same time, I’m not gonna risk a bad tattoo just for the sake of helping someone out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.