lutts2011
Participant
@lutts2011

Hi i got a tattoo on my upper back from shoulder to shoulder (a cross with wings, just black with some shading) on monday night (so going on 4 nights right?) And i have to work tomorrow at 3pm est.
The tat is kinda peeling, when i woke up this morning it was peeling pretty bad but i showered and put lubriderm on it and it was good. I used a &d till thurs and started lubriderm thurs night.
it is kinda scabbed over, like just tiny ones scattered about (i notice little scab like bumbs when i put lotion on) so its kinda healed i believe. and i will call my artist tomorrow before i go to work that wont be till noon cuz thats when he opens up on sat. but i just want to get some advice before then
My question is will it be alright to put lubriderm on it before i go to work and not have to worry about my shirt sticking to it? b/c when i put lubriderm on it last night i work up in the middle of the night to me laying flat on my back and my tat was stuck to my pillow (was very very very lightly stuck) and i slowly pulled it off and it came right off with no problem and i didnt see any flakes or anything stuck to the pillow.
i work at subway so i have to wear certain shirts and my breaks only last long enough for my to use the restroom, and it takes me a little bit to apply lotion since its on my upper back. I will be working from 3-10 so i know i will need to put my lotion on it sometime or it will get too dry.
So basically my question is, will it be alright to wear a shirt to work and not have to worry about it getting stuck to my shirt and then having to shower with my shirt on to get off without damaging the tat?
I hope i covered everything that i needed to, and sorry it is such a long question.

lutts2011
Participant
@lutts2011

come on guys i know im new but i really need help with this

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Fuck you gave it a whopping 13 minutes and nobody answered you.

Don’t put anything on it. It will be just fine. you can dry heal tattoos

Adler
Participant
@adler

It shouldn’t stick while you’re at work but I wouldn’t be sleeping on my back if I were you.

lutts2011
Participant
@lutts2011

I didn’t mean to sleep on my back, I woke up and realized that I was

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

Putting lub on before work is not going to hurt it what so ever.. Neither will it sticking to your shirt.. Tattoos are pretty permanent you know

lutts2011
Participant
@lutts2011

The tat is only 4 days old man. So it’s still healing

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

Dude, your shirt sticking to your damn tattoo is not going to ruin it, get a grip

Amok
Participant
@amok

Your shirt sticks to the epidermis, tattoos are further down in the dermis. You’ll be fine

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Give it longer than 13minutes JESUS.

When i was at work when my back tattoo i didn’t put anything on it until i got home.

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

Neither of my tattoos stuck to my shirt to begin with.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.