Rorith
Participant
@rorith

So I got a tattoo 3 weeks ago, and so far in the healing process there has been no pain and everything feels good. The one thing I am concerned about is that the tattoo looks crack/wrinkly.

Is this normal or am I doing something wrong during the healing process?

Thanks,
Rory

Rorith
Participant
@rorith

Some more info is, I wash my tattoo twice a day with anti bacteria soap and moisturize it when it feels dry and starts to itch with lubriderm no dye or perfume lotion.

Panter
Participant
@panter

Can’t be of much help here as I only have one tatt but it did look scaly and dried after a couple of weeks, looks fine now though.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Sounds normal, make sure you don’t overdo the lotion. Post pic if you’re really concerned but sounds like part of the healing process.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

It looks pretty fucked up.
Oh wait I can’t see it you forgot the picture.

CaptJon
Participant
@captjon

I know mine will go through that stage. They look nasty for a week or so until the peeling stops then they look shiney for a few weeks.

arnoldsantos1
Participant
@arnoldsantos1

You seem to be doing the right thing as far as aftercare. As long as it’s not a thick, greenish/yellowish scab, with clear stuff secreting out of it, then you should be fine. Tattoos take about 2-4 weeks to heal. Post photos.

Rorith
Participant
@rorith

104gebl.jpg

The angle is kind of weird.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

It’s out of focus so it’s really hard to see properly, but it looks to be healing as it should.

FEARoftheDARK
Participant
@fearofthedark

looks fine.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I see no healing issues what so ever. Congrats on your first ink.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.