Adler
Participant
@adler

Different things work for different people. If you google bepanthen on tattoos you will find mixed reviews.

Bluesman
Participant
@bluesman
Adler;94254 wrote:
Different things work for different people. If you google bepanthen on tattoos you will find mixed reviews.

Yes Adler – I see that – I am just going to stay with what my artist told me to do. If not, he won’t gaurantee his work and if I need touch ups I will be out of luck. I was really only interested in the use of Dial Gold soap because the first tattoo I used Ivory bar soap and it did ok, but it burned like he**
Thanks to all!!!

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

Also, for fill, so areas with no shading, it’s best to wash them once a day, but it’s not the wash and scrub, I take a clean cloth, put some warm water on it, scrub a bar of soap on it (I personally like ivory), then splash water on the tattoo. I would then dab the cloth on to the tattoo, no rubbing, once covered, I would then do quick scoops of water on it, then take another towel and dab it to dry it.

This is just what works for me, but regardless of who you are, unless you are wolverine, the wound is pretty open for up to 48 hours, and the last thing you want to do is have fragrances and moisturizers on an open wound.

Bluesman
Participant
@bluesman
Parademic;94267 wrote:
Also, for fill, so areas with no shading, it’s best to wash them once a day, but it’s not the wash and scrub, I take a clean cloth, put some warm water on it, scrub a bar of soap on it (I personally like ivory), then splash water on the tattoo. I would then dab the cloth on to the tattoo, no rubbing, once covered, I would then do quick scoops of water on it, then take another towel and dab it to dry it.

This is just what works for me, but regardless of who you are, unless you are wolverine, the wound is pretty open for up to 48 hours, and the last thing you want to do is have fragrances and moisturizers on an open wound.

Thanks Parademic!! Yup – I comfirmed this with my artist that I did purchase the wrong dial gold. The company told me that they don’t make a fragrance free dial gold liquid, but I proved them wrong when I went to Wal Mart of all places and found it. I only used it once, and it isn’t really highly fragranced, so I am OK. I am going to revert back to my Ivory bar soap and use Aquaphor as directed by my artist. That goes on for 3 days then I can switch to Lubriderm fragrance free IF I feel I need it. He even said if I can stand the itch, dry healing is the best route to take, BUT – no scratching!!!! I’ll be fine thanks to you! Last thing I need is an arm with an infection! Only one more day of this and I can slack off a bit but still keep the area clean…Peace!!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.