Plague
Participant
@plague

Two things been on my mind for a tat.

I don’t want a traditional Chinese dragon. Instead I want a medieval one. How would that look on a calf? Chinese dragons are longer and kinda fit better on a calf, so I was wondering what you think about a Western dragon concerning placement suggestions? (My legs are not huge LOL)

Second is Excalibur, King Arthur’s sword… Been doing some research on it for a while. My concern is that putting in on my calf might mean that it would have to be small/skinny to keep the dimensions. Hope I’m explaining this right. I don’t want it too look like a dagger.

Anyone see either ideas as a tat that looked good?

I found a pic of a sword on someone’s leg here, just posting for size.. Doesn’t look too bad on the leg here. (It’s titled Excalibur, but the one I want is much different.)

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I don’t see Western dragons as elongated, so I’m not sure how that would work as a leg piece unless it was just a quarter-sleeve or something.

And that ‘sword’ is barely more than a dagger. It’s a short-sword at best, but I don’t think it even manages that. Excalibur would have been a broadsword, which would be considerably longer than this.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

This would be cool.

rackhamfiendly3.jpg

JakeW
Participant
@jakew

i think both are a cool idea but if you were to get that i agree with the problem with the width on the dragon, i’m kinda macabre though so when i think Excalibur i see it with a little realistic look of it coming out of the skin somehow same with the dragon. That would give you a chance to have it without the worry of the width. Probably be a little cooler with the dragon though.

Plague
Participant
@plague
JakeW;92422 wrote:
i think both are a cool idea but if you were to get that i agree with the problem with the width on the dragon, i’m kinda macabre though so when i think Excalibur i see it with a little realistic look of it coming out of the skin somehow same with the dragon. That would give you a chance to have it without the worry of the width. Probably be a little cooler with the dragon though.

What do you mean “coming out of the skin”? And I’m thinking of the dragon on one leg and the sword on the other.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Plague;92433 wrote:
What do you mean “coming out of the skin”?

I believe he means just what he says… that he thinks that it would look cool like it was coming out of the skin. I am sure you have seen such tattoos, where things are ripping out of the skin.

l.jpg

Plague
Participant
@plague
ArniVidar;92436 wrote:
I believe he means just what he says… that he thinks that it would look cool like it was coming out of the skin. I am sure you have seen such tattoos, where things are ripping out of the skin.

l.jpg

Ahh, yeah, I have seen tats like that, but not sure if i like them or how it would look as a sword like that. Think it would be do-able w/ a sword?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.