Lobey
Participant
@lobey

I’ve just come back from my gap year travels and want a tattoo to mark them. I’ve been to 5 continents and like the idea of a star/compass sort of thing per continent plus 2 empty outlines for the other 2 on my rib cage. I also want the mark twain quote ‘explore dream discover’ tattoed somewhere. Possibly beside a globe? Too girly?
Opinions on them please?

Amok
Participant
@amok

Never been a fan of the compass tattoos, probably because I’ve never seen a good one.

What were some of the memorable countries you went to? You could get a tattoo of their culture or something that represents them.

Lobey
Participant
@lobey
Amok;91589 wrote:
Never been a fan of the compass tattoos, probably because I’ve never seen a good one.

What were some of the memorable countries you went to? You could get a tattoo of their culture or something that represents them.

Thanks Amok, my idea isn’t to have 1 big compass, its to have 7 small things, compasses or stars etc to mark the 7 continents. Eg to have 7 small plain stars on my rib cage and 5 filled in then fill the other 2 when I go to those continents.

Amok
Participant
@amok

Hey it could work, the best thing would be is to talk to your artist. You may be trying to put too much into 1 tattoo though. Usually, less is more in this context. But that depends on the size of the tattoo.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

actually sounds like a awesome idea man i like it. Not to girly at all.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.