spirit_eyes
Participant
@spirit_eyes

i’ve asked and been asked who did my work, or who did theirs. but how much? none of your business. ask me if the guy is reasonable. ask me what he would charge them for a piece of similar size. but asking how much i spent on ink, etc is just like asking me how much money i have. ain’t happening.

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van
spirit_eyes;93210 wrote:
i’ve asked and been asked who did my work, or who did theirs. but how much? none of your business. ask me if the guy is reasonable. ask me what he would charge them for a piece of similar size. but asking how much i spent on ink, etc is just like asking me how much money i have. ain’t happening.

I dunno, I know everyone’s different, but to me, if you’re not willing to tell me how much your ink cost, I’m going to assume you are embarrassed about what you paid. That’s just me, though. And if someone asks what a piece of similar size would be? First of all, it all depends on the level of detail, subject, etc., but also, if you gave them an answer, wouldn’t that be the same as telling them what you paid? It’s only freakin money. People need to get over it.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I agree, I will tell you what their published rate is, I will tell you how fast I think they are based on my experience, I will tell you what I think of their work, but dont ask me what I paid for my ink. aint none of your business what I have paid…………..my price isnt your price……….220 hours, you can play with the math in your head

spirit_eyes
Participant
@spirit_eyes

my artist tends to give me a really good rate. so, i have to guess what he would charge you. i know he does charge $200 a sat afternoon’s worth of work. and i never take saturdays.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

take note now an artist like any other person,he or she is going to form an opinion of you, did you sit well, were you on time, did you keep your first appointment or reschedule, did you take 50 breaks or sit like a f*ckin rock, were you good company, or did you bring your whining kid, your friends who blab too much, or your superhot girlfriend who gives backrubs to tired artists, did you take 20 piss breaks, stink up the bathroom, where you ready to be tattooed, did you bring a gift, someting special besides a tip, all of this will determine in the future how well you are taken care of………….you do onto others and most of the time, they will take care of you………..me, I take care of the folks who work on me, I want the best

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Okay, good point. I never really thought about personal rates and not wanting to call your artist out. My bad.

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.