gwal101
Participant
@gwal101

hi, so im new to having tattoos and since summers here i want to be prepared. I heard that sunscreen wont do the trick in protecting your ink and that you need sunblock? ive checked a few stores and they only seem to carry sunscreen. i bought this product at the store and was wondering if it its good or not? if not what is a good product to protect my ink from the sun? and how often would i need to reapply?- thank you ๐Ÿ˜€

http://cgi.ebay.ca/SPF-60-Ombrelle-LOreal-MEXORYL-Sunscreen-240ml-8oz-/190533527452#ht_500wt_1156

sorry only can find a ebay link of the product

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904

Honestly, I usually don’t even use sunscreen or sunblock. Never really have and I’ve never had a sunburn… ever. It’s weird but that’s just me. I do use sunscreen every once in awhile, but I don’t really need it and my visible tattoos are just fine.

That sunscreen is just way overpriced, I wouldn’t pay more than $10 for sunscreen. Just go to Wal-Mart or Rite-Aide, ask someone who works specifically in health and beauty. I work in retail and there are different departments that people specialize in.

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Well, this is an interesting point. Which should we use on tattoos, the sunblock or sunscreen? I rarely have my tattoo exposed during the daylight hours and then it is only for a few minutes, but I am planning on doing some swimming soon and will be exposed to hours in the sun. I had never given the sunblock vs. sunscreen issue any thought before now.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

I would use either one – main thing is to not get burned

Then again even without tattoos these days people should use some sort of sunscreen or sunblock anyways

Adler
Participant
@adler

As long as it covers UVA and UVB rays it’s fine (broad spectrum), I don’t know if it’s sunscreen or block.

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904

From what I’ve read/heard, sunblock is the same as sunscreen, just packaged differently. Don’t know how true this is.

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

30spf or higher on tattoos

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Using SPF 100+ here, though I only use it on my B&G portrait tat which is rarely exposed to the sun anyway. My legs don’t ever burn and barely even tan so I haven’t really seen the point in using anything on them.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
imperial1904;89369 wrote:
From what I’ve read/heard, sunblock is the same as sunscreen, just packaged differently. Don’t know how true this is.

Actually, sunscreen soaks into your skin and absorbs UV rays before they damage the skin, whereas sunblock sits on top of the skin and reflects or physically blocks the UV rays before they reach the skin.

All in all, it accomplishes the same result, so yes.. it’s more or less the same ๐Ÿ™‚

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904
ArniVidar;90222 wrote:
Actually, sunscreen soaks into your skin and absorbs UV rays before they damage the skin, whereas sunblock sits on top of the skin and reflects or physically blocks the UV rays before they reach the skin.

All in all, it accomplishes the same result, so yes.. it’s more or less the same ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks. Now the real decision… do you want your sun protection to soak into your skin or sit on top of it? lol

I actually have some sunblock SPF 30… only cause I like the smell of sunscreen/sunblock. Always reminds me of Summer. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.