msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

I get some really weird sensations, like stabbing pains, sudden sharp pin pricks and other strange feelings directly on my tattoo. Is this common? Sometimes I am very aware of it ~ almost as if I can feel the tattoo there.

Any thoughts? Anyone else experience this? I should mention I have my tattoo on my outer calf and I run 5 miles everyday. I don’t know if this has anything to do with it. 🙂

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

never had the feeling myself

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904

Step back and think of what you do throughout the day. Do you work in the garden? What kind of moisturizer are you using, do you put sunscreen on it when outside… it’s probably something really simple.
Or it could be the weather… you know how it gets really hot and you get that itchy feeling all over.

By the way, I get that prickly feeling too during the healing process. Did you get a touch up recently?

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Never had a touch up. But thinking about what I’m doing throughout the day may help me figure it out. I do moisturize and I use Lubriderm for sensitive skin fragrance free. I use sunscreen, but I try not to expose my tattoo to sun very often. I either stay in, wear pants or sit in shady areas etc. This time of year I run at night, so no worries about sun there.

I’m thinking this hot weather may have a lot to do with it now that you mention it. I notice when I’m running I get that awful itch start up, goes up my ankles to my calfs, and my hands and wrists get itchy and hot too.

Good points, thanks for helping me out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.