C-los.p
Participant
@c-los-p

I have the concept down:I am basically looking for something that shows that our mind is a prisoner and our body is the prison cell. I was going to do Ghatanothoa, who immobilizes your body(turns your skin into something leather-like) but your mind and organs still function, which causes you to go insane. The only way to escape is to destroy subject’s brain. Sadly, i could never find a clear representation of what it looked like.
I could also go for something that represents our unconscious thoughts and the evil hiding within us (I’m very much into psychology)…..I would like a tattoo representing either of my ideas, but I don’t have a clue what it should look like.

I hope you guys get what I mean. I hope to be getting the tattoo in the next few weeks.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Way too complex of a concept to be interpreted to a tattoo, it’s just a freaking tattoo for God’s sake.
And I don’t understand how you haven’t come close to deciding on a design but you want to get in a few weeks.

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Hi there C-los.p,

I’d hate to see you end up with something you are unhappy with. Perhaps a search on symbols on the internet might help you out. Have you checked out the various artist representations of Ghatanothoa online? You might want to postpone getting your tattoo until you do have a clear representation you can relay to the artist. I will be most interested in seeing what you come up with. Have you had a consult yet and if so, what did the artist have to say about these ideas?

You could try to use symbols from any dreams you may have had that might represent either of these ideas and then the tattoo would have a really personal meaning to you.

Sorry I am unable to be of help to you. Hope it all works out for you. Would love to see pics eventually. 🙂

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904

After reading this thread, for some reason my mind started thinking of a grim reaper holding a brain in his hands and a pocket watch in the background… :confused:

C-los.p
Participant
@c-los-p

The grim reaper would look awesome, but I’m looking for something smaller at the moment. I was thinking to do a crocodile’s eye. A crocodile represents our unconscious thoughts and desires that our mind tries to repress and the eye because it represents awareness(our conscious mind). If I add a “crocodile tear” that represents fake sympathy, it would also fit my personality (No matter how big the tragedy, whether it’s in the family or not, i offer fake sympathy only out of courtesy…I’ve had relatives and best friends die, but I remain unaffected and don’t seem to care. I know i sound cruel, but that’s just the way I am).
I do agree on putting the other idea on hold, but I feel making a design for this one shouldn’t be too hard.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

A brain in a Prison cell and the Bars being made from body parts?

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904
WardyInk;88147 wrote:
A brain in a Prison cell and the Bars being made from body parts?

I was thinking of something kind of similar… a brain with shackles wrapped around it.

crand
Participant
@crand

that’s not an impossible concept to interpret – you could have legs and arms as crossing like you were sat on the floor with your arms wrapped round your legs and where the body would be is a brain

or an inverted foetus with a brain in the middle

…best i draw pics, just imagine they’re photorealistic!

mindtrap.jpg

foetus.jpg

If you had the phoetus more eye-shaped i might add another level to it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.