baskin_
Participant
@baskin_

It’s been two weeks today since I got my first tattoo, on my back. I followed all of the after-care advice given to me by the artist, even though some of the info on here considers his information somewhat questionable. No scabs, minimal peeling which I let fall off by itself, didn’t scratch even at its itchiest. I was told to go back today to let him check up on the art, but all of the red seems to have faded out even though the white/black have stayed. He told me to go back next week to book in for a touch up, but I’m really fed up about this. Any advice? I’m upset and angry because I was so pleased with it until a couple of days ago when I thought that it looked faded. My parents said I was being paranoid, but apparently not!

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904

Fed up? Over getting a touch up?? Touch ups aren’t a big deal… and if your artist stands by his work then it should be free.

baskin_
Participant
@baskin_
imperial1904;87749 wrote:
Fed up? Over getting a touch up?? Touch ups aren’t a big deal… and if your artist stands by his work then it should be free.

I guess I’m just disappointed, and a bit of a wuss so worried about the pain again. Do you know how long I’ll have to wait before he can do it? Like based on how healed my skin needs to be or?

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904
baskin_;87750 wrote:
I guess I’m just disappointed, and a bit of a wuss so worried about the pain again. Do you know how long I’ll have to wait before he can do it? Like based on how healed my skin needs to be or?

Usually 4-6 weeks depending on how it heals. But if he wants you to come in next week to book a touch up, you should do it. He should be able to tell you when it’s ok to do a touch up.

baskin_
Participant
@baskin_

Thanks a lot. Reassured now. I just loved it until this happened, so I hope the touch up goes well! Thank you!:D

Adler
Participant
@adler

Yup, usually touch ups aren’t done for at least a month.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.