AmburrTastic
Participant
@amburrtastic

So, I just turned 18, and my cousin agreed to do a tattoo for me for my birthday.

My original plan was to get my daughter’s full name as an anklet and get her left footprint on my right foot, facing me like she’s dancing on my feet.

Well, I’ve come to the conclusion that the footprint idea is kinda cliche, and I’m not sure if I still want to do it.

So can you help me?

I want something related to my daughter.

I thought of her Zodiac sign mixed with her birth flower, but her flower is a poinsettia, and they’re ugly.

I’m drawing a major blank.

AmburrTastic
Participant
@amburrtastic

……………….

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904

Why is it cliche to have your daughter’s footprint?? If it means something to you, and it obviously does, go for it.

The only problem I can think of with your idea is having just the one foot on your foot. It wouldn’t be like she’s dancing on your feet if you have just one.

If you still don’t like the footprint thing, how about hand print? Or maybe a portrait of your daughter with her name and birthday in really nice script.

AmburrTastic
Participant
@amburrtastic
imperial1904;87684 wrote:
Why is it cliche to have your daughter’s footprint?? If it means something to you, and it obviously does, go for it.

The only problem I can think of with your idea is having just the one foot on your foot. It wouldn’t be like she’s dancing on your feet if you have just one.

If you still don’t like the footprint thing, how about hand print? Or maybe a portrait of your daughter with her name and birthday in really nice script.

I wouldn’t do the portrait, because I’m not sure how well my cousin would do with it.

I was thinking of maybe her hand print on my shoulder blade, but I really want a foot tat.

If I can’t think of anything else, I’m just going to go with the footprint, because I still really like the idea.

What kind of ink do you suggest I buy for my cousin to use?
I was thinking of getting this gray kit;
http://skincandytattoosupply.com/products.php?product=Kleen-Kaps-Artist-Graywash-Set

Amok
Participant
@amok

I would advise against letting your cousin tattoo you as it sounds like he/she is not a professional tattooist. Tattoos from relatives/friends often turn out to be the worst, remember a tattoo is for life and if it turns out to be awful, you will regret it later.

Go to a professional at a reputable shop and you’ll have a tattoo that you are proud of for life. They should also be able to give you good advice on what you should get.

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904

Please tell me your cousin isn’t a scratcher. 😮

I was under the impression your cousin is a professional tattoo artist. :confused:

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904
Amok;87687 wrote:
and if it turns out to be awful, you will regret it later.

That… and it would be really awkward at family reunions. :p

Adler
Participant
@adler
Amok;87687 wrote:
I would advise against letting your cousin tattoo you as it sounds like he/she is not a professional tattooist. Tattoos from relatives/friends often turn out to be the worst, remember a tattoo is for life and if it turns out to be awful, you will regret it later.

Go to a professional at a reputable shop and you’ll have a tattoo that you are proud of for life. They should also be able to give you good advice on what you should get.

Please listen to this! We see too many people here looking for ideas on how to cover a badly done tattoo which was done by a friend or relative. If you can’t afford going to a legit artist then wait until you can.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
Adler;87691 wrote:
Please listen to this! We see too many people here looking for ideas on how to cover a badly done tattoo which was done by a friend or relative. If you can’t afford going to a legit artist then wait until you can.

I am one of these people who let a None Professional Tattoo Artist tattoo me when i was 15 for the sake of getting a tattoo..

Do not let your cousin tattoo you.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Jesus what a train wreck.

neondino
Participant
@neondino
buttwheat;87716 wrote:
Jesus what a train wreck.

This x1000. Think through your decisions. It sounds like this is advice you could really use…

ArniVidar
@arnividar
AmburrTastic;87678 wrote:
So, I just turned 18, and my cousin agreed to do a tattoo for me for my birthday.

….

I’m drawing a major blank.

You are not ready to get a tattoo. Go back to the drawing board, and revisit the idea in 6-12 months at the earliest.

Adler
Participant
@adler

She probably already got it done. We won’t see her again for a while until she’s asking questions about infection or cover ups.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.