clay1680
@

Alright so i started on this journey of india ink paintings, very similar to watercolor but im using just black ink, which is a complete opposite from my oil paintings that i have been doing the past 5 yrs. so here are a few of my more recent works hope to hear some godd feedback and critiques are very welcome and hopefully helpful. i am a senior majoring in Painting/Drawing and looking to get a tattoo apprenticeship soon just need the money to start one up. i have taken my work to local shops and they were more than happy to train me just didnt have the funds at the time.

OWL SKELETON
2h2l4r7.jpg

VULTURE
rh4iva.jpg

HALF FACE/SKULL
t7bt6t.jpg

LIGHTHOUSE
m8p5oo.jpg

EAGLE
16ggzmv.jpg

ANCHOR
21355hk.jpg

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I’m really liking the anchor that is great

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

You’re really progressing fast. Good work! My only advice would be to make your blacks darker and I’d like to see some color pieces. I know you prefer black and grey, but anyone who would potentially mentor you would want to see color as well as black and grey. Great job though. I’m really digging the lady/skull.

ukansodoff
Participant
@ukansodoff

Personal taste is im not too sure about the lighthouse but i love all the others. Thats some real fancy stuff there.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I like the lady/skull a lot, but agree that there’s something off about the lighthouse. It seems somehow lacking in drawing skill compared to the others. I guess that’s just a ‘vision’ thing and has nothing to do with skill, however 🙂

clay1680
@

totally agree about the lighthouse, I was trying to experiemnt with textures more and it is not as complicated in a drawing sense, but thanks for all the responses and I am entering them in an art fest this weekend so hopefully I get to sell some of them. And I am gonna start adding some color justfelt the contrast I can get with the black ink is an aesthetic thing.

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904

I really like the half face/skull. The lighthouse one, I can definitely see it as Japanese inspired, not sure if that’s what you were going for.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

You should try doing underpaintings with the black and grey. You can add color ontop of that you’ll get alot of depth and richness of color that way.

Sinnaere
Participant
@sinnaere

Definitely like the lady/half skull. Very impressive work you have there.

kink5150
Participant
@kink5150

nice half skull half lady

Amok
Participant
@amok

That’s great stuff, I really like the Vulture.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.