maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

More like, completely redone. Anyways, originally done (very badly) by Atomic Tattoos (facepalm) in Tampa:

And then redone today by Scott Fischer, Imperial Iron, Brandon, Fl.:

The only real question I have though, this is my first “touch up.” Is it normal for it to still be in pain over 12 hours later? Also, the skin is raised significantly more than I ever remember my tattoos being raised before. I have no doubt this guy knows what he’s doing, I’m just not familiar with this process. Someone give some advice here? Thanks.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

The skin could be raised a bit simply b/c it’s irritated but by the way you describe it, it’s possible he used one of the inks that contain ABS plastic, such as Intenze or Millenium. I actually just recently learned about this tbh, but it finally answered the question of why the white ink in my wife’s ankle tat is raised.

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

I believe the ink he used was Dynamo or something along those lines. But thanks :).

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

In any case, I wouldn’t be concerned. It could just be overworked a bit if it’s sore and raised. Looks fine though.

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

Alright. Thanks man.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

The most probable cause is that the artist has reworked a significant area of skin. The tattoo is held in place by scar tissue below the surface and when you go over any scar tissue (including old tattoos) swelling and raised skin and pain is common for the couple of days.

Take some ibruprofen and it will go down in the next 2-3 days.

Also if you have had a lot of new ink over old it can become raised in the shower under heat as the scar tissue is inflaming with the blood vessels so feels rough. It is nothing to worry about.

Nice work the new artist has done.

Take care
Matthew

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

Yeah, he did a DAMN good job for an even better price. Thanks for the advice guys.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.