Adler
Participant
@adler

Tattoo Goo sucks.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Sinnaere;86499 wrote:
Ok, so I went to talk to the artist today. His portfolio looked really good and I’m confident that he can handle this piece. He took a look at the picture and said that it would be two sessions: one for the outline and another for the shading. Altogether it’s going to cost me around $400-$450. That was quoted before I even told him what my spending limit was for the first session, which works cuz I have $450 set aside. He only went lower with the price because him and my husband know each other and hang out every now and again. My appointment is Tuesday of next week and I’m so super stoked. My Tattoo Goo came in the mail Monday, so my aftercare products are all ready and waiting.

Please do post some pics once it’s done. $400-450 sounds very cheap for the size piece I am envisioning and considering he can do it as soon as next week …. well, good luck.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Again I know I’m probably being unfairy pessimistic but I have a bad feeling about this and I honestly hope I’m wrong. I can’t wait to see pics after first session, good luck with it.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Sinnaere;86499 wrote:
Ok, so I went to talk to the artist today. His portfolio looked really good and I’m confident that he can handle this piece. He took a look at the picture and said that it would be two sessions: one for the outline and another for the shading. Altogether it’s going to cost me around $400-$450. That was quoted before I even told him what my spending limit was for the first session, which works cuz I have $450 set aside. He only went lower with the price because him and my husband know each other and hang out every now and again. My appointment is Tuesday of next week and I’m so super stoked. My Tattoo Goo came in the mail Monday, so my aftercare products are all ready and waiting.

I would be very interested in seeing his work. Can you post a link to his portfolio?

As for the Tattoo Goo throw it away that stuff is terrible. If you use is we will be reading some Thread started by you titled “Why is my new tattoo doing this” . Never use any product with tattoo in the name.

Sinnaere
Participant
@sinnaere

The shop website is http://www.artworxtattoo.com but they’re still working on the site so none of their portfolios are up. I had to actually look at an album with his pictures in it at the shop.
I personally love Tattoo Goo; I’ve used it on almost all of my tattoos and they always heal up great. But different products work better for some people than others and not everyone’s going to like the same stuff.
Thank you for wishing me luck.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Sinnaere;86555 wrote:
The shop website is http://www.artworxtattoo.com but they’re still working on the site so none of their portfolios are up. I had to actually look at an album with his pictures in it at the shop.
I personally love Tattoo Goo; I’ve used it on almost all of my tattoos and they always heal up great. But different products work better for some people than others and not everyone’s going to like the same stuff.
Thank you for wishing me luck.

Sorry man I must of mixed you up with someone else. I thought this was your first. If tattoo goo works for you great. Good luck

Sinnaere
Participant
@sinnaere
buttwheat;86561 wrote:
Sorry man I must of mixed you up with someone else. I thought this was your first. If tattoo goo works for you great. Good luck

I have six tattoos already. Nothing great, but they all have meaning to me. This will be my first large piece that will hopefully be an amazing bit of art. Again thank you.

Sinnaere
Participant
@sinnaere

Here’s the outline of my tattoo from the first sitting.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

The lines look clean as far as I can tell. You can tell it’s nowhere near as detailed as the pic you posted, which I think is a good thing in this case. That was the major concern from most of us I think …. that your artist’s skill level wasn’t up to par w/ such a detailed piece – so a less detailed piece was a good way to go. Thanks for posting the first pic and please keep posting more as it progresses. 🙂

JJ
Participant
@jj

Totally stoked to see it filled in. Please keep us updated

clay1680
@

doesnt look bad at all i just personally hate flames, i know it doesnt mean anything to you but just my oipinion and dont mind what i think cause its your tattoo not mine. the pheonix looks good though the lines are clean and seems to be a good starting point so far

Adler
Participant
@adler

Yeah the linework and overall design look good so far. Nice start. How long was the session?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Phoenix.jpg

I had to put them together. The line work is solid. but as in your reference pic a phoenix should be mean or mad or look aggressive. Yours looks like a calm dove or partridge. Maybe I’m just not seeing it yet. Thanks for sharing the progress.

Sinnaere
Participant
@sinnaere

Thanks, everyone. The session was only about 1 1/2 hours so he knocked it back from $200 to $150 since it didn’t take as long as he had been anticipating. You’re right, buttwheat. It doesn’t look very mean or aggressive which is the only thing about it that I don’t like. I was so afraid to breath during the session cuz I didn’t want to mess up the lines by moving my chest, lol. So for an hour and a half, I took shallow, even breaths until he moved to get more ink or something, then I took nice deep breaths.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Agree with the above comments. Congrats.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.