mobstert2005
Participant
@mobstert2005

hey i got a tattoo on the inside of my left bicep on friday, and ever since my forearm down to my thumb has been numb, and i have lost most of my strength i cant curl anything.

i was wondering if anyone has heard of this happening or not its really weird.

Thanks

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Im no expert, but i think nerves are deeper than the 4 layers of skin that the tattoo needles penetrate?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I wouldn’t worry about it. When I got my ankle done, I had some muscle soreness in my lower calf for a couple weeks. The artist was very heavy-handed so I think that was related. As an educated guess, I would say it happens similar to how muscles react to electrical stimulation.

mobstert2005
Participant
@mobstert2005

alright cool thanks for the replies, yeah i didnt think it had to do with the tattoo needles its self i thought maybe it had to do with how i had to hold my arm in a weird position for 2 hours and it put stress on the nerves. but yeah just kind of scares me.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

wait for about 2weeks coz when i had the inside of my bicep done it went abit numb and swollen.

Alison84
@

Hi,

I have had a similar thing happen to me, i was tattooed on my inner bicep on friday for approx 4.5 hours, I havent been able to feel most of my arm or thumb since and cannot lift anything and it is tiring easily!My thumb is in pins and needles and is really painful!

I am panicking that something really serious has happened, I am intrigued to know what happened with your experience?

Amok
Participant
@amok

It could be just pinched nerves, more from the way you were sitting in the same position for hours, rather than the actual tattoo process.

If you’re worried, go see a Dr.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.