swickensjr
Participant
@swickensjr

I’m getting it regardless and am meeting with the artist on Saturday to go over what I want and turn it into the actual design but the picture attached shows a rough idea of what I want and I’m curious for people’s opinions.

The arrow is showing that I want the gap filled in and the red lines are where I want the tattoo to actually go be cut off. I also want more shading to create the negative space, a little bit more detail, and more red.

I’m sure I’ll get some tribal flaming but meh…

What do you think?

tattoedit.jpg

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

i myself find tribal’s alot to common and personally i regret getting mine and will be getting it lazered eventually but it’s whatever your into dude!!!!

“IF YOU LIKE IT, INKKKK IT!”

ArniVidar
@arnividar

It looks unfinished and unprofessional. Like the doodles many students perform on the corners of their notebook pages. My feelings on tribal aside, that tribal is a relatively bad one.

swickensjr
Participant
@swickensjr
WardyInk;85242 wrote:
i myself find tribal’s alot to common and personally i regret getting mine and will be getting it lazered eventually but it’s whatever your into dude!!!!

“IF YOU LIKE IT, INKKKK IT!”

Thanks for the honest opinion man. I’ll post some pics once it’s finished.

swickensjr
Participant
@swickensjr
ArniVidar;85256 wrote:
It looks unfinished and unprofessional. Like the doodles many students perform on the corners of their notebook pages. My feelings on tribal aside, that tribal is a relatively bad one.

I disagree with the doodling part of what you’re saying because I like the design (but I’m not knocking your opinion) but I definitely know what you’re talking about when you say it looks unfinished…I told the artist to add alot more detail and shading and make everything more crisp, sharp, and clean. Plus that design is just a basis of the style, it is going to look drastically different. We’ll see how the sketches turn out.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

dude………you sound like you are regreting getting ink………..

cancel now, before the wedding………….

swickensjr
Participant
@swickensjr
reefdiver;85276 wrote:
dude………you sound like you are regreting getting ink………..

cancel now, before the wedding………….

?? How do I regret what I don’t have?

TheShepherd
Participant
@theshepherd

If you have any hesitation dont do it and re think it over. you will regret it is what i think reefdiver is saying

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Can that design work?

Yes but it needs to be bigger, bolder, and allow more room for the red to show through.

That tattoo whilst is ok has the problems of spacing (tattoos fade and blur so the thin lines will lose a lot of crispness and are very close together and this will really show in years to come).

The negative space is not an issue you can fill this with similar tribal design or shading.

What you really need to ask (about any ink) is are you going to want this for the next 10-50 years?

Good luck with the piece and post up what you have done.

Take care
Matthew

happyb
Participant
@happyb

is this a poly tribal desgin?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.