Tattoosareace
Participant
@tattoosareace

Do you really need to do all this?

What happens if you don’t will it cause any problems?

Adler
Participant
@adler

Have to? No. But why not? Definitely good to eat and drink prior to keep you from getting hungry during the process and keep blood sugar elevated.

seven8nein
Participant
@seven8nein

haha try telling that to the kids who get tats done at festivals! imagine how sore you would be by the time you pack up! I found I got a little faint if I hadn’t eaten or drank but if you haven’t had your beauty sleep, it’s easier to drift off or go completely catatonic! and if you’ve been drinking, you bleed more cos your blood is thin..and you end up making stupid tattoo choices!!!

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver
Tattoosareace;84733 wrote:
Do you always have a decent sleep, eat and drink before a tattoo?

yes,,,,,,,,,,,,

and i have a bottle of water, a doctor pepper, a cookie, and a candy bar on the side during ……..

then a few frosty beers at the nearest watering hole afterwards…….:D

Adler
Participant
@adler
reefdiver;84758 wrote:
…then a few frosty beers at the nearest watering hole afterwards…….:D

That is the most effective step in tattoo aftercare! Key word being “afterwards”.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

my first big session i ever had (9hrs), i drove 6hrs to the convention, got my tattoo, ate dinner, and drove back another 6hrs. i really didnt have anything to eat or drink or anything before the session and i had only one break during the session and i think i had a small lunch. so to answer your question, no you dont need to but it helps.

i also heard a bunch of artists say you shouldnt drink 24hrs after a tattoo but fuck that shit. lol

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Adler;84760 wrote:
That is the most effective step in tattoo aftercare! Key word being “afterwards”.

I’d say getting drunk and thus no longer being careful with your ink, is the worst aftercare advice anyone could give.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

LOL……….there is a big difference between getting drunk and having a couple drinks…….

i take it you do not imbibe ?????

ArniVidar
@arnividar

There’s a huge difference, yes, but most people don’t just get a few drinks 🙂

What’s imbibe?

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

im·bibe/imˈbīb/Verb
1. Drink (alcohol).

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Oh. New word 🙂 Thank you.

And no, I rarely drink.

Adler
Participant
@adler
ArniVidar;84801 wrote:
I’d say getting drunk and thus no longer being careful with your ink, is the worst aftercare advice anyone could give.

I never said anything about getting drunk, that was a little presumptuous of you to say. I also don’t agree that “most people don’t just get a few drinks”, again you’re insinuating that most people who go and have a beer are going to get drunk. Are you then also going to infer I’m driving drunk from the establishment, also? So, I get a tattoo, go get drunk immediately afterward and carelessly mess up my fresh ink and then drive home drunk, right? If I have a lengthy tattoo session I really enjoy a nice beer afterward and trust me I’m very careful with my ink. And if you want to question me being careless with my ink afterward, check out my album and see if that post tattoo beer has really effected my aftercare. I think you took my aftercare advice comment a little too literally.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Adler;84817 wrote:
I think you took my aftercare advice comment a little too literally.

And I think you took my reply too seriously. Relax dude, I wasn’t attacking anyone, least of all you.

As for the drinking, it may be different out there in the big world, but in Iceland at least MOST people do NOT know how to stop after only a few.

seven8nein
Participant
@seven8nein

haha but definately not before or you WILL bleed!

Tattoosareace
Participant
@tattoosareace

I don’t really drink myself at all, very often infact even to go into the pub I would have a pint of coke/orange.

What juices or drinks will be best to drink beforehand?

Sure I can get the missus to make me decent food that’s no problem.

Sleeping I guess I’ll have to get it done on a weekend I work nightshift wouldn’t be advised to get a tattoo after 12hours of nightshift.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.