seven8nein
Participant
@seven8nein

Now I know this is a really stupid question but I ran out of aftercare which is an oil. wild tiger rub, which is like deep heat, has a very similar consistancy but it for joints and is very strongly menthol. would this be any harm if I’m just trying to keep it moisturised til I get some more aftercare. Any ideas?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
seven8nein;84685 wrote:
Now I know this is a really stupid question but I ran out of aftercare which is an oil. wild tiger rub, which is like deep heat, has a very similar consistancy but it for joints and is very strongly menthol. would this be any harm if I’m just trying to keep it moisturised til I get some more aftercare. Any ideas?

god no don’t put that on there. I have become a fan of dry healing. Since I have been dry healing I haven’t had the “itches” like I have had before.

seven8nein
Participant
@seven8nein

haha thanks mate! there’s a lot of colour in there too so I had to find out! yeah I know what you mean! I had a bit added to my chest piece and I just ran out of aftercare! the dryness itches less than the constant moisture!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

All my tattoos have a lot of color in them and no issues with that and dry healing.

seven8nein
Participant
@seven8nein

I’m just dodgy about the cracking, especially with big blocks of ink! what I’ve started to do is use either bepanthen (which apparently fades colour) or a non-greasy cream or oil like ‘tattoo aftercare.’ not very imaginative, but if you put a thin layer on the first night and cover it back up, all the colour gets locked in..then just don’t shower for a week! haha, it’s a bit grungy but I find it’s best to be safe, unless you don’t pay for the touchups haha!

dan_s
Participant
@dan_s
buttwheat;84694 wrote:
All my tattoos have a lot of color in them and no issues with that and dry healing.

i have always dry healed and just washed tattoo with plain carex as there are loads less chemicals there and they have always healed perfect i hate to think what deep heat would feel like 😮

seven8nein
Participant
@seven8nein

yeah precisely! that was my initial thought! I tried it on a recently touched up area and it irritated amd stung like crazy! haha so stupid!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.