seven8nein
Participant
@seven8nein
Tribalwarrior;84795 wrote:
Yeah, blah, blah, blah…Tribal is boring…blah, blah, blah. You know what I find boring? The endless tattoos of skulls, dragons, Kanji, koi fish,hears, stars etc. They are no different than the tribal that you guys are ripping on. Yeah, I don’t care if you like Tribal and I’m sure that you’d probably rip my tats, but I would do the same to you so it is all good. It is a personal preference and that is fine. But it is irritating to always hear people say that Tribals are out of style when the exact same thing could be said for ANY tattoo out there because it has probably been done before and is outdated as well. Tribals kick ass and for the guy that rips on his friend’s tribals, dude, that guy probably could care less what you think of it…

yeah fair enough! each to their own and all that! my brother is 15 and it got it on his foot to hide it from my mum! I think tribal is a culture. In the UK its usually associated with skin heads and body builders! Although it has a stigma attached to it, if it’s done right it can look good I guess..but this guy has a half finished sleave and it isn’t even filled in! tribal animals are wayy cool though! like tribal birds or tigers or whatever. Besides, I think everyone has a tribal inspired tattoo for example; the nautical star with the thick black outline is seen as tribal…guilty!

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w
Tribalwarrior;84795 wrote:
Yeah, blah, blah, blah…Tribal is boring…blah, blah, blah. You know what I find boring? The endless tattoos of skulls, dragons, Kanji, koi fish,hears, stars etc. They are no different than the tribal that you guys are ripping on. Yeah, I don’t care if you like Tribal and I’m sure that you’d probably rip my tats, but I would do the same to you so it is all good. It is a personal preference and that is fine. But it is irritating to always hear people say that Tribals are out of style when the exact same thing could be said for ANY tattoo out there because it has probably been done before and is outdated as well. Tribals kick ass and for the guy that rips on his friend’s tribals, dude, that guy probably could care less what you think of it…

lol someone is mad…

Seriously though, you cant honestly say that tribal is more interesting or has more artistic value than say a well done japanese piece, skull or dragon (kanji is also usually very bland and boring). Theres no contest. Tribal is really just a fad that alot of non-tattooed people grabbed onto. Tribal animals are especially puzzling. Why on earth would you get an abstract outline of an animal instead of an awesome, realistic animal?

Tattoo artists and collectors really dont have a high opinion of tribal, for the reasons i stated in my earlier post. Its just the way it is.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.