Tribalwarrior
Participant
@tribalwarrior

Okay, I’m new to this forum and, as you can see by my user name, I’m a big fan of Tribal work. I always here that Tribalsl are old and out of style, but then, aren’t all tattoos if you judge it by that criteria. I guess I just don’t understand all the hate. It’s not like skulls and dragons(sans the Triba) haven’t been done to death. Hearts, spiders, etc. as well. First off, I’m a huge fan of black. I only have black ink and I will never do any other colors. I like the swerving and unpredictability of a lot of the designs. I guess there is also a mystique to them because most people can’t figure out exactly what the hell I have…and I like that the most. I have a tribal dragon on my upper shoulder that is badass, yet it doesn’t truly look like a dragon until you take a really close look at it. I just love the mystique about tribals. And if it makes anyone feel better, no, I don’t have the ubiquitous tribal armband. LOL. But I do love my Tribals. I kind of feel that they are swirling around me, kinda like Venom does when he first attaches to a host. Tribals are the only style of tattoo that I will ever get.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

post up your tribal ink so we can see………

FEARoftheDARK
Participant
@fearofthedark

TBH there is really nothing creative about tribal IMHO. I do admit some tribal does look appealing but that may be about 10% of it due to the people who get tribal tend to just pick a design out of a book. I’ve seen actual artist’s around who specialize in tribal and do wonders, but the most common tribal seen these days is just boring.

Cheers,
Marcus

shaggs2riches
Participant
@shaggs2riches

I think that many tattoo enthusiasts see tribal as a waste of quality tattoo space. I love tribal artwork myself, always have. The many different styles out there make it so versatile. I do come from an aboriginal background, however find no tribal work related to my heritage that I find appealing enough for a tattoo. My tribal work probably wouldn’t be considered the most attractive, compared to some of the work out there, but its my own and I wear it proudly. My work isn’t finished yet either so it should look better when finished.

seven8nein
Participant
@seven8nein

I got all black ink on my back and all coloured on my front and it looks great! and tribal is naff! get samoan, mauri or polynesian. at least those paterns look good and have meaning!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Tribalwarrior;84645 wrote:
Okay, I’m new to this forum and, as you can see by my user name, I’m a big fan of Tribal work. I always here that Tribalsl are old and out of style, but then, aren’t all tattoos if you judge it by that criteria. I guess I just don’t understand all the hate. It’s not like skulls and dragons(sans the Triba) haven’t been done to death. Hearts, spiders, etc. as well. First off, I’m a huge fan of black. I only have black ink and I will never do any other colors. I like the swerving and unpredictability of a lot of the designs. I guess there is also a mystique to them because most people can’t figure out exactly what the hell I have…and I like that the most. I have a tribal dragon on my upper shoulder that is badass, yet it doesn’t truly look like a dragon until you take a really close look at it. I just love the mystique about tribals. And if it makes anyone feel better, no, I don’t have the ubiquitous tribal armband. LOL. But I do love my Tribals. I kind of feel that they are swirling around me, kinda like Venom does when he first attaches to a host. Tribals are the only style of tattoo that I will ever get.

Your pictures are missing.

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

For many including myself, tribal looks pretty bland, flat, and boring when compared to some truely awesome tattoos of things like dragons, skulls, japanese work, biomech, etc. Particularly when its in colour, non-tribal tattoos can be very bold and vibrant, and make you instantly speechless when you first see them. When you compare these pieces to tribal, the tribal really doesnt hold up. So in the end, to many tattoo enthusiasts, its seen as a waste of space.

I know many tattoo artists will do tribal, but only for the money. They find it boring to do, and would much rather be doing something much more intense and intricate. The vast majority of top quality tattoos featured in magazines, shop websites, portfolios, etc will NOT be tribal, because it just doesnt showcase an artists skills like other tattoos do.

And yeah.. tribal isnt too well liked around here. Theres just better tattoos to look at :/

BossNass
Participant
@bossnass

Tribals are usually done by people who are to boring to get a good tattoo.

shaggs2riches
Participant
@shaggs2riches

You say people with tribal are boring and that tribal are shit, and you pick apart other tattoos posted here, but you don’t show your tattoos, why is that????I have plans on my legs for other type of work , just not sure how I’m gonna go about it just yet.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
shaggs2riches;84712 wrote:
You say people with tribal are boring and that tribal are shit, and you pick apart other tattoos posted here, but you don’t show your tattoos, why is that????

To whom are you talking about?

seven8nein
Participant
@seven8nein

to the other fella protecting tribal I think! I work with a guy who has a half finished, half filled in tribal sleave and we all take the piss of him. its tribal..and it looks like shit haha

seven8nein
Participant
@seven8nein

the other tribal guy I think! I work with a guy who has a half finished, half filled in tribal sleave..not only is it tribal, but it looks really crap! we just rip the piss out of him for it!

shaggs2riches
Participant
@shaggs2riches

I was referring to BossNass. Not wanting a flame war or anything, but I was curious what kinda work appeals to him. I fully get why people dislike tribal so much. Its something I like and that’s why I got it, not because I thought other people would like it. There is a ton of other work that I would love to get. I just can’t see myself getting any of it on my arms.

Tribalwarrior
Participant
@tribalwarrior

Yeah, blah, blah, blah…Tribal is boring…blah, blah, blah. You know what I find boring? The endless tattoos of skulls, dragons, Kanji, koi fish,hears, stars etc. They are no different than the tribal that you guys are ripping on. Yeah, I don’t care if you like Tribal and I’m sure that you’d probably rip my tats, but I would do the same to you so it is all good. It is a personal preference and that is fine. But it is irritating to always hear people say that Tribals are out of style when the exact same thing could be said for ANY tattoo out there because it has probably been done before and is outdated as well. Tribals kick ass and for the guy that rips on his friend’s tribals, dude, that guy probably could care less what you think of it…

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

why does it matter what anyone else thinks of your tattoos or tribal in general ?????

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.