louis0nfire
Participant
@louis0nfire

I’m getting a biomechanical half sleeve, from my wrist to my elbow. Everything will be covered except a cross I have on my forearm. I’m being charged an initial $300 for him to draw it up, and do the outline. Then $160 for each sitting afterwards for color/shading. Too much or reasonable?

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

As long as he’s a killer artist and not working out of his house it sounds pretty fair. Where I live tattoos are pretty cheap (between $100 and $160 an hour). I don’t know who’s doing your sleeve, but biomech is a tricky artform and usually only really decent artists excel at it. Did he say how many sittings? I would say a good sleeve should be $2500 and up (plus tips).

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Are you willing to pay that much for this artist to do it? If yes then the price is ok. If no then it’s too much.

downriver
Participant
@downriver
DavidJednat;82864 wrote:
As long as he’s a killer artist and not working out of his house it sounds pretty fair.

Some of the most accomplished and respected artists I know have studios in their home. I have a health board inspected and certified studio in my home, I would never work anywhere else. I turned down 3 offers to work at shops in the past 6 months because my overhead is so low and I dont have to pay a landlord, also my studio is the cleanest I have ever been in. It’s a great way to do business if you are a legitimate and responsible artist!

R~

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well there are always exceptions to every rule, but in general those that operate out of their own home are nothing but kitchen-magicians to be avoided at all costs.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.