doodman
@

Hey guys,

I’m getting this tribal lion tattoo on my upper back (about 12″ tall) and want some ideas as to how I can customize it. The tat is a tribute to my parents since it is a symbol of heroism in some cultures and I’m already going to have their initials placed somewhere in the lion’s mane, but I want some more ideas as to how I can customize it some more.

What ideas do you all have??
Thanks!!

(PS. I know that some of you will want to flame on the design, but please PM me if that’s what you want to do. The purpose of this thread is for customization ideas. PLUS, the design has special symbolism, is plain black because I like simple designs, and will cover the many sunspots on my back much better a color tattoo.)

lion-tiger-general-tribal-tribe-tattoos-tattoo-designs-pictures-gallery9.jpg

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Do it in red

dandy1986
Participant
@dandy1986

look in my album for an idea,
I custumized it by drawing a tribal behind it,

you can do the same with an bigger triangle shaped tribal

gr

clay1680
@

I think I might flame on this. hahaha what the fuck does that even mean? but yea i would get that with invisible ink.

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

I dont understand why you wouldnt just get a realistic lion instead. It would look way better, and im sure your artist could find a way to cover those sunspots (whatever those are). Also, the initials in the mane will probably only clutter the design and are rather unnecessary.

As for customization, there isnt much to add with this design, except more random tribal. If it was realistic on the other hand, you could add many things…

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

How about dermal implants in the eyes?

bodyinktube
Participant
@bodyinktube

Maybe try one of those designs where it looks like 2 different pics at alternate glances? Sorry wouldnt have a clue what they’re called lol

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Good tattoo:

Good tattoo:
image_0.jpg

Good tattoo:
lion+tattoo+design+2.jpg

Bad tattoo:
image.jpg

Bad tattoo:

Bad tattoo:
tribal-lion-tattoo-designs_06.jpg

jsimpson4
Participant
@jsimpson4

Man, those first two lions in black that Arni posted are badass. Go with something like that.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.