TKY0
Participant
@tky0

I’m planning my first tattoo and have just about settled on a design – great wave…location – calf…and a shop (well one of two in my area).

but before going into the shop looking like a novice i have a few questions to make me look like a novice on the internet 😀

is the calf even a good place for this design? would it be possible to make it into a calf sleeve if i desired? and how could that be done?

also, my first post so hi forum!

Tajen
Participant
@tajen

Welcome!

Yes, the calf is a great place for a tattoo! Pretty painless, in my oh so humble opinion. Should be pretty easy to turn into a leg sleeve if you so desire, I would think. But, I have stated over and over again, I am NOT an artist.:)

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

What kind of wave are you looking for? Do you have a picture of what you are thinking about? And Welcome.

Bixler
Participant
@bixler

welcome to the forum bro. If you’re looking to get a wave sleeve tattoo that might turn into a full sleeve have you thought about starting on your upper arm. Just because it would be much easier to add on further down your arm then adding above your calf as far as a wave goes. You could definitely do either or, but welcome to the forum and post some pics when you get your work done.

TKY0
Participant
@tky0

great-wave.jpg

i’m thinking getting it quite low down on my leg leaving plenty of room above for other peices.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

it looks like you’d have to wrap that all the way around your leg to do it justice……..

i’d wonder about all that white though, unless you have real light skin and let that be the white part ??????

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.