clay1680
@

Hey i was hoping i can get some contrustive criticism on some of my paintings and drawings. i am a Painting/Drawing Major and want to become a tattoo artist in a few years. i know i didnt have to go to shcool to become one but i cannot express how much my work has improved from high school and from taking figure drawing, life drawing, painting courses i have been in. i couldnt upload every pic on here so heres a link to my DeviantArt gallery. Hope to hear some of your responses.

http://claylint.deviantart.com/gallery/

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

I’m really impressed with a lot of your work. I especially like the figure drawings, the letter A, and the line drawings of the flowers. Try playing with line weight. Lines can make or break a drawing and thinner and thicker lines create depth and pull the viewer’s eye where you want it. Great work though.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

You definitely have some skills. Continue on your schooling and land a great apprenticeship.

clay1680
@

hey thanks guys for both of your input i really appreciate it.

David- recently ive been definately playing more with line variation and different results you can get with line weight. ive checked out your work and i must say that is some amazing stuff you got going on.

Buttwheat- thanks and i have taking my work to a few shops and all were willing to train me i just dont have the means to pay for all the training yet. i am trying to work for a while then be able to pay for the apprenticeship. i know one person im in class with whos father was friends with the shop owner and got a free apprenticeship, but i have yet to be that lucky

roxyryder
Participant
@roxyryder

your artwork is really nice im sure you will go far 🙂

mykspawn
Participant
@mykspawn

Very very nice art. I love the Tree tattoo with the skulls

clay1680
@

thanks guys this was a couple years back or so i think…im in my final semester studying fine art-painting/drawing and am finishing the first week of May so im pretty excited. im starting an apprenticeship when i graduate so this kinda marks a big transition in my life and can only see myself being creative by tattooing and painting for a career. ill post some of my newer work later tonite or when i get some free time.

Inkmywholebodi
Participant
@inkmywholebodi

I like your work man, lots of different styles. The Bruce Lee and Ruger are very cool. Keep up the good work and hopefully the apprenticship goes well.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Congrats dude! It’s a ton of work and really stressful. In the end it is definitely worth it. Trust me. If you need advice or to vent or just to share what you’re going through just drop me a line.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.