irishman301
Participant
@irishman301

I was always of the mindset that if I was going to get a tattoo, it needed to be something that I could cover up with a short sleeved T-shirt. That’s something that my Dad told me a long time ago, and I always kinda had that mindset. I always thought forearm tattoos, and even just tattoos that go further down the arm so that even a short sleeve doesn’t cover it up, look really F***ing cool! But I always stuck to top 1/4 of my arm, and my legs…..or any other place that couldn’t be seen unless I had my shirt off.

Well….after lots of thought, and some convincing from you guys here on this forum, I decided to just say “fuck it” and go below the sleeve line. My main concern was my job, but I just decided that for the rest of my life I would always just wear long sleeve shirts at work, and that’s exactly what I have been doing for the past year ever since I got my first forearm tattoo. It’s really not that bad at all. IMO, I’d much rather have the tattoos that I’ve always wanted and deal with some hot days in the summer then spend my whole life wishing I had some sweet ass forearm tattoos.

So I just wear long sleeves while at work, and when work is done I get to proudly display my awesome ink all the time. I love the fact that they are visible all the time, and not just when I have my shirt off or something. It’s really the best decision I’ve ever made in my life.

I have my whole left forearm naked and ready to be inked still, and I can’t f***ing wait to figure out exactly what I want to get on there. I’m already 3/4 of the way down my right arm, and will be getting the backside done in a few weeks!

Anyway, it was you people that convinced me to do it, and now I’m happy as hell that I finally can go below the sleeve line!

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

I had a similar experience when i realized i really wanted my hands tattooed. I thought long and hard about it, read various opinions and articles on the internet, etc. I already had my arms fully sleeved, and i eventually decided it would be ok to do it. The career field im in would not really care (group home staff for mentally handicapped, they are more worried about things like piercings that can be pulled on by clients), and i really had no problem with them being exposed most of the time. The beginning of last summer i got both hands done, left hand a biomech piece, and my right hand a “realistic” sugar skull with a rose. Couldnt be happier, and plan on expanding them to cover the tops of my fingers as well.

Im glad you are happy with your decision, i am with mine!

clay1680
@

good job man, youre exactly right by doing that and sayin fuck it and do what makes you happy. and if anyone says anything bad about it youll still b happy in your head because you did what you felt was right. i want to continue my half sleeve so bad onto my forearm but just havent got to it yet. n my dad is still giving me shit about forearm tattoos because of the same reason(jobs). but i tell him all the time its not gonna matter when im tatted the fuck up n im going to b a tattoo artist anyways. But seriously good for you.
POST PICS.
i dont think ive seen yours or if you have posted them.

irishman301
Participant
@irishman301

Hellz ya….I couldn’t be happier!

Here’s a thread to pics of my right arm so far:

http://www.thetattooforum.com/next-piece-my-music-sleeve-done-t17266.html?t=17266&highlight=forearm

I’ll be setting the appointment this Friday for the inner part of my right arm, because I just came across some extra cash.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.