tgrh8r25
Participant
@tgrh8r25

well, for starters, I like the way the white looks against skin. a lot. secondly, how do just “get” a scar?

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

have you actually ever seen a white tattoo ??????

clay1680
@

ArniVidar means, if i understand correctly, that there is a way to get a scar that makes a design, kind of like branding the skin, instead of a tattoo that looks like a scar.

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w
tgrh8r25;81813 wrote:
well, for starters, I like the way the white looks against skin. a lot. secondly, how do just “get” a scar?

He’s referring to scarification i believe, or something similar.

I guess you are dead set on white ink though. All i can say is, keep it out of the sun at all times, or you will lose the whiteness very quickly.

tgrh8r25
Participant
@tgrh8r25

Yes, I have seen many all white ink tattoos. That’s what got me interested.

It will be on the inside of my wrist, so it’s not a place that is constantly exposed to the sun. I take care of the tattoos that I have now with lots of sunscreen since they DO see sun. All I was trying to say about fading is that ALL tattoos fade and some to the point that they need touched up. I realize the chances of this one fading are higher, and I’m willing to take that chance to get what I want. .

I will look into “branding” but I’m not quite sure that’s what I want. I want the subtlty of the white ink versus an actual scar.

And Adler, I asked for opinions because I wanted to know what people thought. I didn’t say you had to give me your opinion, or that I’d only listen to it if I liked what you said. There’s pros and cons to everything.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

dude, just slit your wrist and then you’ll have the ultimate killer wrist scar……….

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

This thread is a waste of time. the Op is going to do what ever he/she wants and does not want to listen to any advise. Not sure why they started this thread in the first place.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
tgrh8r25;81813 wrote:

First off, white ink always goes kinda cream/piss yellow or just fades completely away (whichever happens first). The color that white turns into is THE ugliest color you can possibly wear, which means you can never wear it with pride. It will not turn gray with time.. that’s simply impossible. Also, there is no mere ‘chance’ of it fading. It WILL fade and/or change color. You’re looking at yearly or by-yearly touch-ups for the rest of your life or until you cover it with something else.

As for the scar comment, as others have already said, there is such a thing as scarification. You say you want it to look like a scar… then you just find a scarification artist and he or she will create a scar on you in whatever pattern you like. The scar will not fade in the same sense (of course all scars fade somewhat as they heal) or start to look like someone pissed in your ink.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
buttwheat;81844 wrote:
This thread is a waste of time. the Op is going to do what ever he/she wants and does not want to listen to any advise. Not sure why they started this thread in the first place.

The thread started with a simple question:
Is the fading really so much that it’s not worth getting?

Having heard from a tattoo artist and a bunch of people that are heavily into tattoos and tattooing tell him that yes, it is indeed not worth getting, the OP is still determined to go ahead with it. He will (hopefully) live to regret it, but at least he can’t come in here yelling “you bastards should have warned me” 🙂

Adler
Participant
@adler

The good side is at least the OP doesn’t have to worry about finding a good artist to do this, matter of fact that would be a bad thing. Find some dude tattooing from a van and ask for a crappy looking tattoo that will ideally fade and look even worse than when first applied and you’ll be set. “And since I already have tattoos that have faded and ALL tattoos inevitably fade anyway, I might as well add this one to my collection of crappy looking tattoos and hope this one will fade as well. I sure wouldn’t want to get something that looks nice and might actually stand the test of time, that would look out of place.”
Anyway, again, it’s their body not ours so good luck.

Adler
Participant
@adler

The good side is at least the OP doesn’t have to worry about finding a good artist to do this, matter of fact that would be a bad thing. Find some dude tattooing from a van and ask for a crappy looking tattoo that will ideally fade and look even worse than when first applied and you’ll be set. “And since I already have tattoos that have faded and ALL tattoos inevitably fade anyway, I might as well add this one to my collection of crappy looking tattoos and hope this one will fade as well. I sure wouldn’t want to get something that looks nice and might actually stand the test of time, that would look out of place.”
Anyway, again, it’s their body not ours so good luck.

tgrh8r25
Participant
@tgrh8r25

buttwheat: please go find another fourm to troll and leave your rude comments on. this one is CLEARLY causing you to lose sleep at night and I really hate that for you.

Adler & ArniVidar-thank you for the advice and the opions, which are exactly what I asked for, and for not just straight out berrating me for my choice. I will give it lots of thought, and even look into the scarification option as well and then make my decision from there. You guys just keep hoping that I go with the white ink and that it fades so that ya’ll will be vindicated.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
tgrh8r25;81868 wrote:
You guys just keep hoping that I go with the white ink and that it fades so that ya’ll will be vindicated.

Not at all. On the contrary, everybody here is hoping you won’t do it.

Adler
Participant
@adler
tgrh8r25;81868 wrote:
…You guys just keep hoping that I go with the white ink and that it fades so that ya’ll will be vindicated.

That couldn’t be farther from the truth. I’m certainly not going to take pride in someone getting a poorly done tattoo. We may be occasionally harsh and sarcastic but we’re experienced, honest and know what we’re talking about and our intentions are positive, even buttwheats :D. We respect the art of fine tatooing and are passionate about it and simply don’t want to see someone get a tattoo that we know just won’t work.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
tgrh8r25;81868 wrote:
buttwheat: please go find another fourm to troll and leave your rude comments on.

OK I’m sorry.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.