ebozek9
Participant
@ebozek9

How’s it going guys? Looking to get tattoo’d soon (hopefully) for my 17th birthday. Before I hear all of the “kids don’t know what they want” lectures, I’ve heard this enough. I’ve wanted the same quote since I was 15 years old. Before bed every night, my father and I would kneel at the side of the bed and say our Hail Mary and Our Father. One quote that always stuck out to me from the prayers was “If I die before I wake, I pray the lord my soul to take”. It always meant a lot to me because of the prayers I’d always say with him, and also my realization of how quick life can switch its path at any given second. However, I’d like this quote on my inner bicep in this font.

9r2eqq.jpg

However, I do want to add something to this to give it more “pop”. I was thinking some clouds with black and white shading? But I don’t know if this would work as it would make the words hard to read. Thanks for the input guys, and I look forward to seeing what you guys have to say!

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Tattoos made up of nothing but words always look bland, uninspired, and somewhat unfinished to me. Personally, I’d attempt to come up with some attendant imagery.

I’m imagining a small child, a little boy maybe, kneeling at the far side of his bed in relation to his viewer. On the side of the bed closest to the viewer, we see the covers lifting up along the bottom of the bed, showing demonic eyes, or perhaps a clawed hand lifting the blankets, or an ominous green smoke.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

ebozek9
Participant
@ebozek9
KnightHawk;80485 wrote:
Tattoos made up of nothing but words always look bland, uninspired, and somewhat unfinished to me. Personally, I’d attempt to come up with some attendant imagery.

I’m imagining a small child, a little boy maybe, kneeling at the far side of his bed in relation to his viewer. On the side of the bed closest to the viewer, we see the covers lifting up along the bottom of the bed, showing demonic eyes, or perhaps a clawed hand lifting the blankets, or an ominous green smoke.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

I actually like where you went with the small child thing. First think to pop into my mind would be a small child kneeling by a bed, also on the far side so you could see his face. He’s obviously deep in prayer due to his body language (hands together, head down) but he’s slightly looking up. In his eyes, they are very evil looking…

04321f6515309b3edf09adf750d9c76e.jpg

Almost like that. Behind him, you can see an angel with a halo and a satanic figure almost dueling in the background, with the angelic side starting to edge the satanic side in the battle.

What do you guys think of that?

bighairedmike
Participant
@bighairedmike
ebozek9;80487 wrote:
I actually like where you went with the small child thing. First think to pop into my mind would be a small child kneeling by a bed, also on the far side so you could see his face. He’s obviously deep in prayer due to his body language (hands together, head down) but he’s slightly looking up. In his eyes, they are very evil looking…

04321f6515309b3edf09adf750d9c76e.jpg

Almost like that. Behind him, you can see an angel with a halo and a satanic figure almost dueling in the background, with the angelic side starting to edge the satanic side in the battle.

What do you guys think of that?

That sounds pretty awesome tbh. Be a big piece to go on your inner bicep though… 🙂

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Those eyes are just sick! Loving it. And keep going in this direction dude.. that is SO much better than all that text.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

your parents are never going to approve of that new design…………:p

Adler
Participant
@adler
ArniVidar;80508 wrote:
Those eyes are just sick! Loving it. And keep going in this direction dude.. that is SO much better than all that text.

…but don’t try to cram too much into it and incorporate too many elements, clutter isn’t good either. Definitely better than the text though.

ebozek9
Participant
@ebozek9
reefdiver;80511 wrote:
your parents are never going to approve of that new design…………:p

To be honest, my parents are actually more into a “colorful” tattoo then a plain old black and white. Oddly enough, even though it sticks out more. I’m just going to have to get it all drawn up first to see how it’d situate. I also would like to incorporate clouds..somehow.

jjb911nj
Participant
@jjb911nj

I agree with KnightHawk but that is alot for your bicep. What about just a scroll with that quote and on top of the scroll you can have like 3 deamons holding it. I have something simmilar but mine is a gargoyle holding the scroll.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.