arden vxr
Participant
@arden-vxr

hi guys ..

i have a maori tattoo with a bull dog in the middle, i really hate the bull dog so much, is there anyway of having the full tattoo coverd with somthing different and i am prepared to go onto my shoulders and chest and back and the rest of my arm if you think in mind..

what are your thoughts ..

here are some pictures

23112010232.jpg
23112010231.jpg
01012011248.jpg
01012011250.jpg

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber

Woof. That’s gonna be tough.

Maybe laser the parts of the dog that are in the negative space of the Maori and then get the whole thing re-worked so the balance of the dog blends in with the shaded portion . . .

arden vxr
Participant
@arden-vxr

do you reckon there is no way of a full arm cover up with black and grey style?? dont get me wrong the maori work is great but i just hate the dog there ..

and i reckon lazoring will take a long long time ..

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Lazering will take less time than you hating your ink for the rest of your life…

arden vxr
Participant
@arden-vxr

thing is the black parts of the bulldog used to be red and blue, so will lazoring be harder to do??

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Cornish and co may correct me, but as far as I know the lazer can kill colors just as well as blacks.

arden vxr
Participant
@arden-vxr

ive emailed a tattooist and this was his reply .. what does he mean and what are your thoughts?

” hi, that would be one hell of a tattoo to try and cover up due to all the dark long lines, i could probably cover up the bulldog and incooperate it into the polynesean tattoo that you have and rework the poly tattoo to make it neater and flashier, otherwise you have a big problem, besides polynesean tattoos are the in thing and are quite eye catching, better than normal boring tribals”

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber

That’s kind of vague answer. It all depends on the artist.

There are tattooists who are artists and will do right by the art, and there are tattooists who will work on anything and say anything because they are hungry and need to pay their bills.

arden vxr
Participant
@arden-vxr

the tattoo studio is an award winning in there full region .. ive reaserched there site

http://www.eternalimages.co.uk/index2SPARE.html

they seem very genuine, but, there email they have sent is this possible to do what they have said??

i have great hopes here but would like advise

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber

All I looked at was the cover-ups page.
Not exactly the highest caliber or work. A couple were ok, but the tribal covers are horrific.

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w
arden vxr;80306 wrote:
ive emailed a tattooist and this was his reply .. what does he mean and what are your thoughts?

” hi, that would be one hell of a tattoo to try and cover up due to all the dark long lines, i could probably cover up the bulldog and incooperate it into the polynesean tattoo that you have and rework the poly tattoo to make it neater and flashier, otherwise you have a big problem, besides polynesean tattoos are the in thing and are quite eye catching, better than normal boring tribals”

From looking at their cover-ups gallery, the only thing they will probably do to yours is fill the bulldog in with solid black, just like they did with every coverup on their website involving tribal (which doesnt look good at all). If you do go with them, insist on something more creative, though i personally would find another shop.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

We could go round and round this all day or…..

Get the bloody dog hit with a laser a few times and at some point in the future get a really good tattoo.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.