Rottielove
Participant
@rottielove

Hi,
I have a few tattoos on my left arm already and am looking to get a sleeve now but i have a medical question. I have two small fatty tissue lumps (lipomas) which are harmless on my arm. you can’t even see them unless you rub your finger along them to feel it. one is on my forearm and one is on my inner bicep. Can i get tattoed over these? they dont hurt or anything and they are like the size of a dime but im just not sure what the needle will do once it goes over it. anyone have any experience with this? any help is much appreciated.
Thanks

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

I have a few of those on my arms. Nothing to worry about as long as the skin on top is normal. Might feel a little wierd though when the needles goes over it ๐Ÿ˜€

Rottielove
Participant
@rottielove

thanks for the info bro….when you say it felt weird when the needle goes over do you mean it hurts more or it just feels weird lol….im just a little worried like it would burst when the needle goes in it or something. but then again its just fatty tissue and its so small. when i feel for the one on my inner bicep it feels soft and you can kind of move it. its very small though, like i said you cant see it really you have to feel for it to find it. were your lumps anything like that? how many did you have tattoed over? sorry for all the questions, just want to get this straightened out before i go through with getting the work done. thanks again

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

I think I have one of those on my neck, are they just round lumpy deals that move around?

Squishy too? I’ve had it forever just never knew what it was! ๐Ÿ˜€

Rottielove
Participant
@rottielove

it probably is….its actually pretty common….my doctor told me they were harmless but i could get them removed for cosmetic reasons but i can barely even see mine, i have to feel around for it.

Rottielove
Participant
@rottielove

is there anyone else who either have these and got tattooed over them or is there any tattoo artist that has worked on someone with something like this?

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

It doesnt really hurt more, like i said just feels different from normal skin/tissue. Take your finger nail and push into one… thats how it feels, minus the usual burning sensation when getting a tattoo.

And unless the lump is somehow not covered by skin of normal toughness and thickness, i dont think its going to burst… as cool as that would be ๐Ÿ˜€

Rottielove
Participant
@rottielove

thanks for the info…..i guess when i get the money together i’ll just go ahead with it. but im more on the side of hoping it doesn’t burst lol ๐Ÿ˜‰

Adler
Participant
@adler

Have you asked a medical doctor about this? Although some people here can maybe speak from experience, If I were you I’d be interested what a doctor thought and not just some people on a forum.

Rottielove
Participant
@rottielove

yea im going to ask a doctor which im sure most would say not to do it and some will say its fine(i guarantee i’d get different answers from different doctors), so i wanted to see if anyone on here actually did it and had no complications. idk i actually have one tattoo that a letter is partially over the top of one but it is such a small one you can barely feel it that it didnt effect it. these ones are a little closer to the skin and a little bigger(around the size of a dime) when i feel them. i know that they are just made up of fatty tissue. i was hoping some other people had experience with this but doesnt seem like theres too many.
thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.