Zukei
Participant
@zukei

Not really a design but more a picture so that you guys can see my thought process and its placement. Most won’t remember the thread I made about possibly getting a dragon/samurai tattoo but the artistic aspects of a dragon and tiger are far more appealing to me.

igf3mb.png

The only thing I’m not quite sure of is whether the smoke should be grey/black or coloured. Further details being:
-the positions of the tiger/dragon would be as though the tiger is climbing a mountain and the dragon is encircling it.
-the tiger’s head would be turned to the left so that the full design of the face can be appreciated.
-not sure if I want to include pink lilies amongst the sleeve to incorporate the background art of a tiger tattoo as well.

Either way this will not happen for awhile as I know the price would be astronomical. Finally though, I’ll just post a picture of my arm:

28un3wi.jpg

I’m a naturally skinny person and have only been working out for 6 months; is my arm a big enough canvas for a piece like this? Of course I will continue growing but I guess I’d just like to be a little complacent about it. Any discussion at all is appreciated 🙂

naj
Participant
@naj

as far as coloring the background/smoke i think that most people would agree that traditional japanese tattoos have black and grey backgrounds when it comes to the wind and smoke. Also for the design, i love the idea that you’re going for but i think that if you had the dragon encircling the tiger it could take away from the flow of the piece. Great idea, bring it to an artist and see what they can do for you.

SteCleary
Participant
@stecleary

I like the idea of the dragon and tiger fighting rather than the dragon encircling the tiger.

your arms look to be about the same size as mine and my sleeve looks fine(imo). of course a good artist will scale it all so it fits!
154098_463179426548_565411548_6124208_7555785_n.jpg

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

Please find a tattooer you like and let them draw it up this is part of the fee! Where are you located and we can suggest some amazing tattooers????

Zukei
Participant
@zukei

Thanks for the comments so far guys. I’m all the way down in melbourne, australia. Would be pretty cool if someone knew a great tattooist down here.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.