Mikebot
Participant
@mikebot

I would like to get this band on my forearm. I was wanting to make sure though, are there any hidden meanings behind a band on your forearm?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Hidden meanings? Why do you think there are any hidden meanings?

Mikebot
Participant
@mikebot

I know that there are tattoos out there that have meanings behind them that aren’t necessarily illustrated. I just wanted to make sure this wasn’t one of them before I get it on. I’d hate for it to represent some sexual thing or crime committed, and misrepresent me is all.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

It means “HI! I’m an empty headed dolt with no aesthetic sense of my own!”.

Not the look I’d go for, but different strokes my man.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

I can’t see the picture, but I’m sure it’s no different than any other band I’ve seen.. Go for something with meaning instead of just a lame band, unless that lame band has meaning to you, spice it up!

Mikebot
Participant
@mikebot

Okay, first of all, fuck you knighthawk! second of all its its not plain. it’s written and has alot of meaning. I will definitely spice it up, so thanks Zach.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Meaning doesn’t magically make a tattoo good. The only thing worse than someone getting a poorly done, poorly conceived, and just plain half assed tattoo is the guy who gets a half ass tattoo and then says because it has a deeper meaning, you can’t say it sucks.

Tattoos don’t have to have meaning BigZach. In fact, trying to get a tattoo with a deeper meaning often times distracts from the art. Many of us here have ink for ink’s sake, with designs whose only meaning is “DUDE! ZOMBIE SQUID! AWESOME!”.

I’m not saying that your ink can’t have meaning, but when someone looks at your artwork, that’s not what they’re going to see. They’re going to see the skill of the artist who applied it, and the aesthetic sensibly of the person wearing it.

The art comes first.

Just saying.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

If you like it and believe you will continue to like it goto a good tattooer so it last and there is your meaning! Some tattoos and placement do have meanings but much of this has been lost with the latest increase in popularity in tattoos so you should be alright.

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach
KnightHawk;78729 wrote:
Tattoos don’t have to have meaning BigZach. In fact, trying to get a tattoo with a deeper meaning often times distracts from the art. Many of us here have ink for ink’s sake, with designs whose only meaning is “DUDE! ZOMBIE SQUID! AWESOME!”.

I agree, I just think that regardless if that tattoo has meaning or not, it should be more than a simple band.. Unless that is exactly what he/she wants, but that is just my honest opinion.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
BigZach;78762 wrote:
I agree, I just think that regardless if that tattoo has meaning or not, it should be more than a simple band.. Unless that is exactly what he/she wants, but that is just my honest opinion.

I think we’re agreeing then. The problem is that most bands are basically flashwork. They show no creativity or care in their application, and typically look like shit.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough
KnightHawk;78769 wrote:
I think we’re agreeing then. The problem is that most bands are basically flashwork. They show no creativity or care in their application, and typically look like shit.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Agreed but also flash is flash………

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.