maxx1221
Participant
@maxx1221

So I was originally going to get a traditional Japanese piece with a Koi, Lotuses, and traditional waves ,of course. But upon thinking about it, I decided I wanted to go a different direction, but I’m not sure if It would work out. I want to do pirate ship being wrecked by a Kraken, but still with traditional Japanese waves. The problem I’m seeing is with placement. I would want the pirate ship to be rather large and detailed, so I was thinking maybe that on my chest and then the tentacles going over my shoulder and the rest of the body on my arm. What do you guys think about the idea/the potential placement problem? You can be brutally honest…
-Thanks. Maxx

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

I like the ideas and think it could be a cool chest, thigh, or backpiece. Have seen many traditional tattoos with Japanese waves. Where are you thinking of going for this? Let us know if you need help finding a tattooer or tattoo shop!

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

The idea would work well and why not consider getting one of the larger Japanese junk boats as the pirate ship? I am sure that they had their fair share of piracy over the years.

Take care
Matthew

maxx1221
Participant
@maxx1221

I didn’t even think about the junk ship, amazing idea thank you! TooManyNotEnough, I’m not DEAD set on a sleeve but that if I can work it out it’s my first choice. A chest piece would be nice too, however I’m not really into back pieces, mainly because I can’t see them!

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

What about on your rib cage? I feel like if you put the Kraken (sp?) on your shoulder and either junk ship or pirate boat on your chest it could turn out to look like two separate tattoos, I could be well wrong though, but I think if it’s all visible from one angle it would look a lot better.

maxx1221
Participant
@maxx1221

Yeah I will definitely talk to the artist and see how it would work out! I don’t know about getting it on my rib cage, I already have a piece reaching from a little below my belly button up to a little under my chest, and it spans my whole front. So I already have some rib cage taken up already. As far as an artist I was thinking about finding someone who does traditional Japanese work so the waves would be accurate. Julio at Hope gallery in New Haven, CT is who I’m thinking about talking to about it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.