SteCleary
Participant
@stecleary

just sitting here going over pics and thinking about my next sitting for my sleeve and remembered i have a little mole on my arm, nothing huge and hairy that you would expect susan boyle to have on her arse.
Im just wondering how will this effect my tattoo.
Of course i will be mentioning it to my artist but thought id ask here to see what other know bout the subject

Cram
Participant
@cram
SteCleary;78057 wrote:
just sitting here going over pics and thinking about my next sitting for my sleeve and remembered i have a little mole on my arm, nothing huge and hairy that you would expect susan boyle to have on her arse.
Im just wondering how will this effect my tattoo.
Of course i will be mentioning it to my artist but thought id ask here to see what other know bout the subject

What i know is that if there small, there is no problem. I have a sleeve and a lot of mole’s but all very small.
if its a huge one with hair and consciousness, and giving you the evil eye in the morning. get it removed FAST and let it heal

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

Should be no problem!

SteCleary
Participant
@stecleary

cheers guys, something i never thought about and then had a little panic moment! Booked in for the 3rd of jan so it will be covered up and out of site then.
it aint big at all more like a raised freckle(sp) but it got me thinking

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Most small moles can be tattooed over as they are only a surface irritation to the skin (similar to light scarring). Anything bigger or majorly raised should not be tattooed over.

However bear in mind that once tattooed it is harder to keep an eye on to spot any changes (which whilst rare can happen).

If the mole has ever;

Changed shape.
Gotten bigger.
Bled when touched.
Split or torn open.

If you had any of the above I would seriously recommend not getting it tattooed and getting it removed by a surgical professional. It may dent your ink by a few weeks but can in the long run save you a lot of worry.

If you have not suffered any of the above, you should be ok for tattooing.

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.