Deebo
Participant
@deebo

Hi guys!

So basically, I’ve decided on all the details of my first tattoo. Only to be told that the place I was planning on getting it could be difficult. And was just wondering if any of you could shed some light for me :confused:

So anyway, I’m getting it on my ribs towards my back.. where it would be mostly hidden by a bra strap. Could this cause problems while it is healing/in the long run?

Any advice would be fab!
Thank you ๐Ÿ˜€

Adler
Participant
@adler

I’m not a woman but you certainly don’t want anything like a bra strap rubbing against a fresh tattoo during healing. Either adjust the placement of the tattoo, use an alternative for a regular bra or plan on going braless for a little while. Maybe there’s a female here who will offer a different opinion or an alternative solution but that’s my opinion from a guy.

jacksonsoo
Participant
@jacksonsoo

From a tattoo artist’s point of view, you DEFINITELY do not want to have something rubbing against your freshly inked skin, it would hurt, it may scab, scar, and all things nasty. Abrasion must definitely be avoided so you would have to go strapless for sometime.

Deebo
Participant
@deebo

Thanks for your thoughts guys. Yeah I thought that might be the case, think the pain would be bad enough for me without scabbing afterwards! Might have to rethink slightly.

This is probably a daft question, and I’m guessing it’ll be different for everyone.. but how long roughly does it take for a tattoo to heal? A month or so?

jacksonsoo
Participant
@jacksonsoo

Well, i would put it at one month.

Provided you clean it properly, observe proper tattoo aftercare and wear loose clothing and all.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

The surface area will heal within approx 2 weeks however the tattoo will be fully healed in 4-6 weeks as it has to heal beneath the skin as well.

Abrasion is not a good idea for the reason that it can damage the healing tattoo as well as harbour germs on the area especially if sweating.

Ribs can also hurt like a bastard but if you take it in steady sittings you will be fine.

Take Care
Matthew

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Sherav;78097 wrote:
The surface area will heal within approx 2 weeks however the tattoo will be fully healed in 4-6 weeks as it has to heal beneath the skin as well.

Abrasion is not a good idea for the reason that it can damage the healing tattoo as well as harbour germs on the area especially if sweating.

Out of interest, since bra straps are by they very role pretty taut over the skin, does such pressure still cause damage on the inside even if the surface is healed?

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi Arni

The bra straps would usually does not irritate the inside of a tattoo unless it applies a lot pressure to the wound and can constrict the blood vessels this happens if it is very tight, or one of those sports bras which grip much tighter than a normal one.

This can result in bruising and welling or a mild irritation.

It would have to be very tight (biting into the flesh) to do any serious damage at a lower skin level – usually they are slack enough to just press on the tattoo but abrasion is the problem in the first week or so.

Matthew

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Thanks for the info, oh wise one ๐Ÿ™‚

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

Well, I’m doing a pretty big piece on my back these days. It goes from a bit below where my brastraps usually start, up to my shoulder. I’m not walking around bra-less :p
However, I’ve mainly just stuck to halterneck-bras, and I keep them a bit loose. The halterneck keeps the bra in place, so you don’t need to have it too tight around your back ๐Ÿ™‚
When my tattoo was completely fresh, I just kept the bra loose, and had some bandages on the inside of it.

jacksonsoo
Participant
@jacksonsoo
poxphobia;78300 wrote:
Well, I’m doing a pretty big piece on my back these days. It goes from a bit below where my brastraps usually start, up to my shoulder. I’m not walking around bra-less :p
However, I’ve mainly just stuck to halterneck-bras, and I keep them a bit loose. The halterneck keeps the bra in place, so you don’t need to have it too tight around your back ๐Ÿ™‚
When my tattoo was completely fresh, I just kept the bra loose, and had some bandages on the inside of it.

wow! this i guess is the most qualified reply. please take it!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.