Justel
Participant
@justel

Hiya,

I’m new to the forum and looking for a bit of help! 🙂 I’m currently doing a degree in business studies and for my dissertation I’ve chosen to look at people who get brand logo tattoos (really wanted to do something I’m interested in and to be honest I’ve discovered I’m not that interested in business – maybe chose the wrong degree to study:confused:). So I’d be really interested to hear from anyone who has a brand logo tattoo (or tattoos) and would be willing to have a chat to me about it/them. It can be anything from Harley Davidson to HP sauce – I’m just fascinated to know why people choose to get brand logo tattoos. I don’t have a brand logo tattoo (although I have got a number of tattoos – just working on finishing my second sleave) but I have been toying with the idea of getting my University logo tattooed on me when I finish (if I finish – still feels like so far away).

Thanks for your time.

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

Haven’:confused:t you posted this on another forum in which I replied?

Justel
Participant
@justel

I have posted a similar request on another forum – but I’m still looking for more volunteers as on the other forum I didn’t get many replies. I’m not sure if you replied to me as I don’t recognise your avatar name and I only got one person in Scotland who was willing to answer some questions from the post on the other forum.

If you would be willing to answer a few questions that would be brilliant – if you could send me your email address via a private message I could send some questions.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

I do not have a brand logo myself but did cover this in a research paper I had to write.

If it is any help consider the following;

A brand or logo represents a message that is meant to show to the owner of the product an idea or set of ideas or statements that fits in with their (the owner’s) personal belief system.

Take HD has a number of messages in the HD symbols – American custom made (patriotic pride), top quality, a love of biking, expensive (matters to some in the sense of yes you may wear say Chanel but these products match or out cost your fancy clothes or perfume), freedom, and frankly you (the owner) are a bad motherfucker and part of the elite group by owning this product.

I like HD stuff and that is why the screamin eagle or similar prob get the tattoos because it resonates deep down with their personal belief system.

I know it is very brief but I just compressed a lot of long winded academia into one example and hope it helps.

Take care
Matthew

Justel
Participant
@justel

Thanks Sherav – that is really helpful!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.