JessieJean
Participant
@jessiejean

Right the idea is to have a full block “sleeve” kinda thing all down one side of my ribs, with some fairly oldschool style things in it, like skull with roses and swallow, heart padlock etc but am really deliberating over which lyrics. I know its a personal thing and ultimatley it will be my decision but just wondered what people thought. Its either “she eyes me like a pisces when i am weak” from nirvanas heart-shaped box or “your scent is still here in my place of recovery” from nirvanas milk it. Both are pretty beautiful, kinda like the first one cos the whole song is beautiful and also i am a piseces and i kinda get the importance and the message of that lyric but its instantly known, dont want certain people to think im jumping on any kinda nirvana bandwagon. The second ones nice cos its less well known but is a really nice loving kinda thought
: hmm dilemmas. . . . thought?

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

If you’re doing a full sleeve, you can fit them both in? Why compromise when you can have both? 🙂

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

I cant see how anyone could say you were jumping on a band wagon dude that wagon bolted 16 years ago!

I agree with the other post, if its a sleve have them both.

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

Did you say sleeve or ribs? Either one both will fit. If ribs maybe one on each side. Have you chose the lettering? I think the images are cool but may be too much for this tattoo. Do you have a shop or tattooer in mind? Maybe take them the lyrics and have them decide the “add on”? Here’s a conversation on tattoo lettering. Is this your first tattoo? If so, you may want to reconsider the ribs especially with lettering as you want that done nice and clean and ribs people can bounce around.

JessieJean
Participant
@jessiejean

uoo thanks, good advice
nah its on my ribs but sort a of solid “sleeve” type block of tattooing rather than a large singular piece if you get my meaning? i like the look of a sleeve with loads of things mixed together to make a scene but dont really wanna sleeve on my arm for job reasons and such. Yeah going to my regular tattooer and piercer, this will be my fourth alstho the other 3 are fairly small,am worried bout the pain on the ribs but oh well and gotta admit they are fairly forth coming with their ideas if they think something will look better and are pretty good at making it flow with boy shape etc so think that will be done shortly. Could go for both but i wouldnt want it in the same tattoo piece to distract attention from the focus
Thanks alot 🙂

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

Cool, lets see pictures when done!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.