southern_rebel_rose
Participant
@southern_rebel_rose

Okay, so my fiance has a tattoo on his right arm that he got a couple of years ago while he was at basic training. Since he was at basic he didn’t have time to do any research into artists and went into one of the first studios he found 😮 well BAD IDEA! While the artist claimed to be a 5th generation tat artist, had the history up on the wall & blah blah blah, the tattoo honestly looks like a scratcher job sadly 🙁

Now, my fiance has spoken with my tat artist about having it covered up and he said it would be a very easy cover-up to do, just gotta figure out what to cover it up with.

So I have been searching and searching for ideas for him, but so far nothing has really gotten his attention. So I thought I’d turn to you guys for help! 🙂

He is pretty open minded, wants something unique and different. However, he does not want tribal at all! So in a way it makes it easier cause now we can start looking at other ideas.

Now I suggested him getting a pin-up girl half sleeve, and he kind of liked the idea but hasn’t fully decided on what he wants.

Anyway, enough of my babbling, I will post a pic of the tat we are trying to cover & I am working on a rough draft of the pin-up girl I’ve been thinking of & will get that posted up as soon as I have an idea of what I think it should look like 🙂

16k3vyf.jpg

And in case you are wondering it is supposed to be the V for Vendetta “V” because that is his favorite movie. However, if you could see it in person it doesn’t look anything like that it looks like what should have been a bleeding V with VERY VERY inconsistent line work. Especially the black is missing lots of little spots & there are areas in the red where he missed entirely which just looks ridiculous. Now, understand he couldn’t have gone back for a touch-up if he had wanted to because he was at basic & graduated less than 2 weeks later. He got shipped back home from basic, and so there would have been no way for him to have the particular artist fix it or touch it up or anything.

southern_rebel_rose
Participant
@southern_rebel_rose

Oh, I forgot to mention, this was his very first tattoo so he was kind of in a rush to get a tattoo anyhow. But he has gotten 2 tats since this one & both of those are much better done by much better artists 🙂 lol

Anyway, thanks in advance for anyone who has ANY ideas!

southern_rebel_rose
Participant
@southern_rebel_rose

Okay, so here is my rough idea of the pin-girl half sleeve…

It is just a pin-up girl in a swim suit on a beach at sunrise, obviously. Keep in mind though that this is a VERY ROUGH idea that would be presented to the artist & he would make necessary corrections and changes & pretty much turn it into a masterpiece. Now, that being said, I crop the photo into the shape of how it would fit onto the arm, with the very top rounded and kind of a flat/squared sort of bottom where it would be by the elbow. Unfortunately when it saved it, it cut off the rounded top. Just know that it conforms to the upper arm 😎 lmao

There are few major changes that I know for a fact he is going to change about the overall look of the tattoo. One being the girl’s hair, probably going to make her a brunette.

5tuzqd.jpg

just wanted to see if there were any other ideas that he might go for & show off my creative little idea lol

Daxos
Participant
@daxos

What branch of the service was he in? Would he consider a memorial tatto to fallen service members? What are his hobbies? A family crest?

Just the first stuff that popped into my head.

Michael

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

how can complete strangers give your husband an idea of what to get? sounds like he should wait until he decides on what HE really wants instead of rushing into this.

red is very hard to cover up, especially if you want a color pin-up. my suggestion is to get some laser sessions to lighten up the red before getting a cover up.

southern_rebel_rose
Participant
@southern_rebel_rose
yodaddynukka;76434 wrote:
how can complete strangers give your husband an idea of what to get? sounds like he should wait until he decides on what HE really wants instead of rushing into this.

red is very hard to cover up, especially if you want a color pin-up. my suggestion is to get some laser sessions to lighten up the red before getting a cover up.

Okay, there is no reason to be rude first of all. If you had read my post, I am not looking for anyone here to pick out the tattoo that he is going to get. Just IDEAS so that he can come up with his own design that can be taken to the artist and let the artist work his magic on it. As I previously mentioned all of this in all 3 of my posts as well.

He isn’t rushing into anything. This is several months off at least if not more than a year, we are just trying to get ideas. You are just assuming that he is rushing into it because I never mentioned a time.

He spoke with the artist who did my tattoo and he said it would be a very easy coverup no matter what he wanted to do. So, if he said it would be an easy cover up, than I believe him that it is going to be an easy cover up.

If you are going to comment on my posts, please have the courtesy to read the entire thing because I have fully explained everything in all 3 of my posts that I have made so far.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

lol i wasnt being rude. youre still asking complete strangers for IDEAS. we dont know what his interests, hobbies, passions are. and i did read the entire thing. im sorry if i didnt read all 3 posts about the same thing, i only read THIS post.

i cant wait to see pics of the finished product! good luck!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.