irishman301
Participant
@irishman301

Long time no post here…good to see some familiar names still posting. Anyway, I’m going to make an appointment this weekend on what I want to get done…but I’m not sure exactly how I’m going to do it. See, I have a scene on my shoulder that looks like a crazy ‘hell’ scene or something, and in the middle of it all is a skeleton playing a guitar. It looks pretty badass!

On my forearm, I have what is called ‘the circle of fifths’, which is basically a music theory chart. Rather then being shaped in a circle though, it’s shaped as somewhat of a fireball. My original idea was that this ‘circle of fifths flame’ would be the start of the ‘fire’, and it would go up into 2 roadsigns – highway 61 and highway 49, which is where Robert Johnson sold his soul to the devil in order to become the greatest blues musician that ever lived. That event, in turn, sparked the ‘badassness’ of what we now know of today as rock n’ roll!

Anyway, I got the tattoos that are in the pictures done a few months ago, and I’ve since had a slight change of mind. I’m thinking that in addition to the 2 road signs right below the ‘hell scene’, I also want two roads that intersect right at the point where the road signs are. Now, I want these roads to look ‘haunted and scary’ in someway, and that is what I’m not sure about how to do. I’m thinking possibly an abandoned house on the side somewhere….possibly a ghost-like figure somewhere in there….I’m not sure.

I also want to somehow still incorporate the ‘circle of fifths flame’ into the whole thing. Eventually, I will have the entire arm sleeved, but for now I only know about this much of the addition.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

emptyarm1.jpg
emptyarm2.jpg
emptyarm3.jpg
emptyarm4.jpg

Thanks again!

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

One thing I thought of was “Highway to Hell” and that lead me to think of roads with walls of flames. On the abandoned road idea though, my first thought was how the sky looks in the midst of a tornado – dark, desolate, etc. Tumbleweeds always come to mind as well when I think abandoned.

I can’t really picture how those things would fit in running vertically though.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

The problem with doing a sleeve once piece at a time is that they ten to end up looking like a bunch of random tats instead of a sleeve. The problem you are having now- making them all work together- is only going to get worse if you keep adding stuff. You need to sit down with an artist and make a plan about how your sleeve is going to unfold and work on it over time. That’s the best way to have a sleeve as opposed to a bunch of random tattoos close to each other on your arm.

As for the idea part, find an inspired artist that can see your arm in person ( not some blurry, poorly lit cell phone photos) and hammer out some ideas.

irishman301
Participant
@irishman301

Thanks guys. Ya, I hear ya about getting the sleeve done piece by piece. Luckily, I don’t have too much done already, so I can probably get a cool sleeve done….I made an appointment, and I will see the drawing in 2 weeks.

I like the dark sky and tumbleweeds idea. I was also thinking abandoned houses on the side of the road and stuff too.

We’ll see what happens. Thanks for the suggestions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.