southern_rebel_rose
Participant
@southern_rebel_rose

I am trying to decide on what color to get my roses done when I go back next week for the color in.

I was originally going to do a bright pink, mainly because pink is my favorite color.

However, now I am beginning to think that I might want to do something else.

I still want to keep pink in the roses, but I don’t know if I want to do them simply pink on all 3 of them. Especially since the rest of my tattoo is going to be thick, bold solid black. It needs to be bright and pop with color! ๐Ÿ˜€ The only other color in my tattoo is going to be the green leaves of the roses. So, I really want bright colored roses, but don’t know if I want them to be simply pink.

I will mention though that I do NOT want red at all because red roses are so over-done and everybody has a red rose tattoo of some shape or form. Yellow or orange is not an option either because of my skin tone, yellow and orange look terrible on me.

I was thinking a pink one, a purple one, and a blue one maybe, but that seems like a lot of extra work for my tattoo artist.

Anyway, would love ideas, pictures or suggestions! ๐Ÿ™‚

ArniVidar
@arnividar

A lot of extra work?

It shouldn’t be any more work at all. Whether he dips his pen into three wells in one day, or three times in the same well, is all the same work.

As for the red, you claim you don’t want it because everybody has it, but still you got tribal and everybody and their grandmother has tribal.

If you want it on you, it does not matter whether it’s overdone or not. Get what you WANT.

southern_rebel_rose
Participant
@southern_rebel_rose

Yes, I do have a tribal, but it is not an abstract tribal form like most tribals you see. Mine is 2 wolves. So not technically like every other tribal. Atleast not in my opinion because my daddy has 2 tribals and his are abstract, free-form style that most people get. Whereas, mine you look at it and can tell it is a wolf. I dunno, I guess I just see it differently than most ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anyhow, I don’t want red at all is the point I was trying to make. Everybody has a red rose. I want color that pops, but I want it to be different.

I have been looking, and I was thinking doing pink in the middle rose (biggest), purple in one, and a bluish-turquoise one.

For the purple rose I was thinking something along the lines of a cross between these 2:
RI-p02.jpg

RI-p03.jpg

For the bluish-turquoise rose I was thinking something along the lines of a cross between these 2:
RI-b02.jpg

RI-g06.jpg

However, on the other hand, I came across these and really liked them because of the brightness.
roses_450x479.jpg

I’m really just looking for ideas and opinions because I know in the end the ultimate decision is mine because it is on my body permanently and not anybody else’s. I just want to see if any body who is actually creative can come up with something that I didn’t think of ๐Ÿ™‚

southern_rebel_rose
Participant
@southern_rebel_rose

Here is another thing I’ve been considering when looking at rose colors…The meanings! ๐Ÿ™‚

Pink – Grace & Elegance, Admiration for beauty and refinement, Sweetness, etc.

Lavender & Purple – Love/Enchantment at first sight, Regal majesty and splendor, Wonder & Impossibility, Enchantment & Magnetism, Opulence & Majesty, etc.

Blue – Mystery & Ambiguity, The impossible or The unattainable, “You are extraordinarily wonderful”, Mysterious beginnings of new things, etc.

Turquoise – Calm, Fertility, Abundance and Bounty, Constant rejuvenation of spirit, Self-respect and Well being, etc.

Rainbow roses – feelings of happiness and a zest for life.

I’m so lost cause I can’t decided LMAO :rolleyes: ๐Ÿ˜€

alexenglish
Participant
@alexenglish

I hate the look of the rainbow roses. In my opinion, if you’re going to get roses done, stick to a single color on each rose.purplerosel.jpg Love color of this one, cross between pink and purple.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

No doubt some people would attribute the rainbow roses to you being gay. Just something to consider.

southern_rebel_rose
Participant
@southern_rebel_rose
ArniVidar;75746 wrote:
No doubt some people would attribute the rainbow roses to you being gay. Just something to consider.

Yea, I did think about that!

After a lot of thought with a couple friends, and a few other people, I think I am going to go with a bright purplish one and bluish-turquoise one. ๐Ÿ˜€

I am going to talk to my tat artist tomorrow though when I go to book my appt with him and see what he has to say about the color.

I still have about a week and a half before I have to make my final decision.

southern_rebel_rose
Participant
@southern_rebel_rose

Okay, well went in today to set up the appt with my artist today.

We spent about about half an hour discussing the colors and different ideas for the roses.

We are going to do the center rose(largest one) in shades of blue, fading from really dark blue to a very light blue almost a light a green.

The two outside roses we are going to do in bright pink fading to a very light pink, with the area of the roses that folds over being in a lavender.

It is kind of hard to picture, but I will post up pictures of it once it’s all colored in! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.