iMark
Participant
@imark

So this is probably going to sound a bit silly.

I have a tattoo already, stretching from my left arm, across my back, and down to my right side. Now I want to extend it, starting from my left side down my left leg. But I’m a bit embarrassed about how this would occur.

I’m sure every tattoo artist would approach it differently, but I’m a bit shy as to how to ask for what I want. Would I need to strip completely naked for example, or would it be done in parts? I’m sure it’s not an uncommon request, but I can’t quite bring myself to broach the topic with tattoo artists I don’t know (my tattoo was done in Edinburgh, but I’m currently in London for the time being)

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, it should be easy enough to tattoo you if you’re wearing loose-fitting boxers. Push the sleeves up as far as they’ll go, then pull the pants down to continue upwards (whichever direction it’d go), all the while more or less covering your privates. I’m sure your tattooist has done pretty bad areas (ass, crotch, whatever) on both men and women… it shouldn’t be a big issue.

iMark
Participant
@imark

Yeah – were I back in Edinburgh I wouldn’t have any problem asking my original artist to do what I want – particularly after spending so much time in his company. It just feels odd to me starting out again with a relative stranger, especially when I’m skirting an area that’s so sensitive to me.

Funnily enough I don’t have any problems with exposing myself (or any part of me thereof), I just don’t want to weird out anyone else!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

LOL.

Just don’t show up in tight gold swimming trunks, and you should be fine! (If you haven’t seen it, Chris Garver got that little surprise on one of the Miami Ink shows :))

iMark
Participant
@imark

Dammit. I was saving the gold swimming trunks for a special occasion too!

🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.