TaherH
Participant
@taherh

Everybody now and days either has or wants a tattoo. Most people just do it when they turn 18 because their friends are doing it or its the “cool” thing to do. Everybody has a reason though. Expression, memory, obsession. I have my own reasons for getting a tatto, but at the same time i do think they’re cool and most of my friends do have a tattoo. Why did most of you get tattoos? just to express yourself or something more?

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

I like the way it looks. Its just plain awesome to have a piece of artwork embedded in your skin that will stay their for basically your whole life. I really like the look of very large pieces on a person, how they flow with the body, interconnect with other pieces, and make the person look like they are wearing an article of clothing. I hope to one day have some kind of body suit (have about 130 hours on me right now) of vibrant, full colour pieces.

board_riider
Participant
@board_riider

I like the idea of being able to express yourself visually on your body. And having pieces of art that will stay with you over time, that have been created for your body alone..I love knowing that my ink is something that will stay constant in my life, no matter what happens around me. I have always had a love for tattoos, since I was little..and being able to make the choice for myself to have them done, is awesome…Something that I’ll keep adding to more and more over time, I’m sure.

southern_rebel_rose
Participant
@southern_rebel_rose

I am Native American. Native American’s have spirit guides that connect us to the spirit world. Each one has 9 animals which make up our “totem”. There is a specific order that they go in and what not.

Anyway, one of my spirit guides is a wolf. The wolf happens to be the top of my totem and my #1 animal spirit.

I decided on a tribal of a wolf head with roses. So I took the design to my artist and he made some changes to it and came up with an awesome tribal for my lower back that features 2 wolf heads and 3 roses.

I have wanted a tattoo for many years. I don’t know if there was ever a specific reason why I wanted one, or if I just wanted one because I saw my dad had them and I always thought they were cool.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I get inked because for me it’s a form of inward extroversion.

What I mean is that I can express myself with ink in ways I can’t do in life, and I do that in a very graphic and viscerally visual manner. But despite that, nobody at work sees my ink, and nobody in general sees it anywhere unless I choose to show it.

Dunno if that makes any sense.

TaherH
Participant
@taherh

Thanks for the input
130 hours of tattoos is really impress and shows how much you really love art and its expression.
My tattoo is also going to include my ethnicity and the symbol behind my life. Mine will be on my back and will be covered 80% of the time but every chance i get i’m taking my shirt off. Not for everyone else to judge, but to admire the wanderful work that will hopefully be included on my back and the meaning that i wil hold close for the rest of my life.
My first session is NOvember 4th and i couldn”t be more excited

MNInk
Participant
@mnink

Sadly, I was one of those that got a tattoo at 18 just because I could AND because I knew it would upset my parents. My first tattoo was betty boop, I got her on my butt cheek, turned out awesome. I got my second and third because the “rush” was addicting to me. While the tattoos represented who I was when I was 18-19 now at 35, not so much.
The only one I don’t regret is betty boop.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.