Wolfgang
@

Found the artist of this tattoo in Hawaii and talked to him about getting a tattoo like this. I told him I was not Poly and he said no problem. I am dark complected and live in the midwest, can I get away with a tattoo like this ? I am going there on vacation and want a Poly tat like this. Also, opinions on the quality and style of this tattoo would be appreciated.

Wolfgang
@

Mods, please delete this thread. Over 200 views and no replies, nothing but lurkers here.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

dawson-crying.jpg

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Wow.. no replies in a full day! Nobody with the knowledge required to answer you properly just sitting around here, waiting to help you? Shocking!

Wolfgang
@
ArniVidar;75479 wrote:
Wow.. no replies in a full day! Nobody with the knowledge required to answer you properly just sitting around here, waiting to help you? Shocking!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksSPZTZES0

Why not just delete my thread instead of a smartass comment fuckface ?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Because unlike you, I want to leave the thread here so you can actually have a chance of getting a real answer.

And mind your language.

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228
ArniVidar;75483 wrote:
Because unlike you, I want to leave the thread here so you can actually have a chance of getting a real answer.

And mind your language.

quitters never win!

and heres a picture of a bunny with a pancake on its head. does that make your day a little better?

rabbitpancake.gif

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w
Wolfgang;75418 wrote:

Found the artist of this tattoo in Hawaii and talked to him about getting a tattoo like this. I told him I was not Poly and he said no problem. I am dark complected and live in the midwest, can I get away with a tattoo like this ? I am going there on vacation and want a Poly tat like this. Also, opinions on the quality and style of this tattoo would be appreciated.

Technically, you dont have to be any type of person to get any type of tattoo. You can be a corporate executive and get a giant skull with snakes running through it on your chest, you can be a hardcore biker dude and get a pretty rose on your lower back. There really are no rules. In the end, it is all about what you want.

That being said, unless the tribal is the intricate line work you see on real poly. tribale tatoos (your pic didnt work for me), people, particularly people involved in tattoo culture, are going to find it pretty cliche and uninteresting, because many young men go out and get tribal thinking its cool, but it really holds no artistic value and is sooooo common. I have some seen some very intricate tribal work that looked really awesome though.

Just make sure you are dead set on your design and wont regret it in the future, because tribal is often very difficult to cover up effectively, and is also very hard to incorporate into other styles and designs. Also be sure to go to a clean, safe shop, etc.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.