board_riider
Participant
@board_riider

I usually just have a good night’s rest before (try to anyways, it’s hard when you’re so damn excited the day has finally arrived…but try nonetheless..)I have a good meal about an hour or so before I head to the shop, and normally bring along a bottle of water. My sittings are 6 hours though, so I don’t wanna start feeling hungry and crappy like an hour into it. And once the tattooing starts, I just take it as it is..yes, it’s not the best feeling in the world, but all I think about, is every moment of pain is SO worth it in the long run..a lifetime of artwork on my body to look at. So yeah, you’ll find something that works for you, definitely. And just remember..if the pain gets pretty bad, just remember to breathe, and concentrate on that, and it’ll be over with in no time.
Speaking of which..I have my 3rd sleeve session coming up on Tuesday! Whoot! Another 6 hours to knock off. (Pics to follow, I’m sure)

tatcanvas
Participant
@tatcanvas

dude numbing creams don’t work, i work in a hospital and they put this shit on kids hands before getting injections and such and they don’t work at all. Valium is a good way to go for relaxing your mind and body before tattoos and it doesn’t make your blood too thin (a lot of people do it), food and drink is a good idea to get your blood sugar levels up if your a fainter. i find that watching my artist do his work helps with the pain as i can anticipate exactly where he is tattooing me and you can’t actually see the needles when the gun is working. i have a fair few tattoos on my arms and one big one on my chest (unfinshed to date), on my arms i used Bepanthen cream which new mums use on their cracked nipples and for nappy rash on the bub this worked pretty good, but on the latest chest tattoo i was recommended paw paw ointment and i have found it healed better and quicker (could be just my new artist though). all tattoos hurt but it’s not an unbearable pain and everyone is different i have found that areas on my body that should of hurt like fuck didn’t, so you’ll just have to go and get started to understand what we are all talking about, all in all it sounds like your worrying a bit too much,

hope this helps good luck with the work, go get addicted to the awsome world of tattoo bro, peace

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.