GeordieTattooLover
Participant
@geordietattoolover

Hello I hope you will be able to help me here it goes…

I’m at an age now where I have decided that I want most of my upper body covered and I’m getting my first lot of tattoos very soon and I was just wondering if a few of you experienced/heavy tattooed people could put my mind at rest please okay here it goes ;

1) I’m not really a fond person of hosipital needs and I know this is different type of needle, but it is still a needle will I be alright to watch him tattooing me or will it make it worse for me?

2) Will having a good meal and having a drink like lucozade help me? Should I bring drink with me?

3) Is everywhere on the body definitely bareable pain? People say it’s rather uncomfortable than painful? I have to say I have a very high pain tolerance (not bigging myself up or anything), should I be okay?

4) Does your body naturally make the area you are getting done go numb after a while?

5) How soon can I get more tattoos? Say I get paid end of the month 30th and have a tattoo booked the same day and get it done, could I get another one the next day lets say?

6) Does the way you breathe determine anything? Do you stay relaxed when getting tattooed?

7) What is the best cream to make the tattoo heal the quickest?

8) Do all tattoos scab? If there do.. and you don’t pick them how do there come of, I take it when you’re alseep etc right…?

9) Is it worth buying these ”numbing creams” I’ve seen online.. or is best to just suck it up and get on with it?

10) Have you had any negative responses with your tattoos? When you get visible tattoos/heavy tattooed do you have to be prepared to be stared at? (not that I mind, I don’t personally care what people think of me)

11) Have any of your tattoos actually stopped you getting a job you APPLIED for?

12) Hopefully you will be able to answer my queries… last but not least… with your tattoos have you had any problems getting a relationship with male or female or had any family or close friends not speak to you again?

Thanks! :p

board_riider
Participant
@board_riider

Wow…that’s a lot of questions…..aren’t you the guy wanting his hands and face done?

GeordieTattooLover
Participant
@geordietattoolover

Yes, my first lot of tattoos are on my hands.

alexenglish
Participant
@alexenglish

All of the answers are on the forum, learn to use the search button.

mcdougalz
Participant
@mcdougalz

I can definitely say that taking deep breaths in and out helps me alot. I personally dont like to watch my artist while hes tattooing cuz I hate needles. When I have to go back for a second session with my artist, he makes me wait at least three weeks until he can touch up or go over the already tattooed area. Hope this helps

GeordieTattooLover
Participant
@geordietattoolover
mcdougalz;75249 wrote:
I can definitely say that taking deep breaths in and out helps me alot. I personally dont like to watch my artist while hes tattooing cuz I hate needles. When I have to go back for a second session with my artist, he makes me wait at least three weeks until he can touch up or go over the already tattooed area. Hope this helps

Do you bother bringing any drink with you? Where do you focus your eyes if you don’t look at him tattooing you if you don’t mind me asking… 😀

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

Wow those are some loaded questions with lots of possibilities so I am going to try to take a stab at this though this is my experience and each person is unque (regular font your questions, Bold my answers)
1) I’m not really a fond person of hosipital needs and I know this is different type of needle, but it is still a needle will I be alright to watch him tattooing me or will it make it worse for me? I can’t stand shots or needles but have no problem getting tattooed

2) Will having a good meal and having a drink like lucozade help me? Should I bring drink with me? it is hit and miss with the food for me but i do find when getting my front tattooed a medium sized meal is helpful. i no longer drink and find tattoos are better without any drinks

3) Is everywhere on the body definitely bareable pain? People say it’s rather uncomfortable than painful? I have to say I have a very high pain tolerance (not bigging myself up or anything), should I be okay? each perosn is unique but i have noticed woman often have higher pain tolerances for obvious reasons

4) Does your body naturally make the area you are getting done go numb after a while? depends on the tattooer, location, and individual

5) How soon can I get more tattoos? Say I get paid end of the month 30th and have a tattoo booked the same day and get it done, could I get another one the next day lets say? how much can you handle without passing out? the more time inbetween tends to allow the body to heal best but anything is possible

6) Does the way you breathe determine anything? Do you stay relaxed when getting tattooed? i treat tattooing like meditation sometimes and it works well for me

7) What is the best cream to make the tattoo heal the quickest? non-scented, non- vitamin lotions

8) Do all tattoos scab? If there do.. and you don’t pick them how do there come of, I take it when you’re alseep etc right…? the body will heal and dispose of the toxins naturally

9) Is it worth buying these ”numbing creams” I’ve seen online.. or is best to just suck it up and get on with it? never used them

10) Have you had any negative responses with your tattoos? When you get visible tattoos/heavy tattooed do you have to be prepared to be stared at? (not that I mind, I don’t personally care what people think of me) do most your body before you do your hands, neck, face, etc as you will lose respect for just doing the previously mentioned spots too early and won’t be taken seriously

11) Have any of your tattoos actually stopped you getting a job you APPLIED for? maybe but i guess i wouldn’t want to work for them.

12) Hopefully you will be able to answer my queries… last but not least… with your tattoos have you had any problems getting a relationship with male or female or had any family or close friends not speak to you again? not that i am aware of

Wow that was a long response hope you find it useful.

Mully
Participant
@mully

1) I’m not really a fond person of hosipital needs and I know this is different type of needle, but it is still a needle will I be alright to watch him tattooing me or will it make it worse for me?
i hate needles but love watching being tattoo’ed but i guess everyone is different

2) Will having a good meal and having a drink like lucozade help me? Should I bring drink with me?
well i find eating about an hour before helps and bring a drink that is full of suger with you

3) Is everywhere on the body definitely bareable pain? People say it’s rather uncomfortable than painful? I have to say I have a very high pain tolerance (not bigging myself up or anything), should I be okay?
its not that bad but it depends where pain also depends on how the artist tattoos some are softer then others

4) Does your body naturally make the area you are getting done go numb after a while?
same as above

5) How soon can I get more tattoos? Say I get paid end of the month 30th and have a tattoo booked the same day and get it done, could I get another one the next day lets say?
i got one touched up a week after i got got it coz i was leaving the country the next day so i had to but dont do it !! it fucking hurts

6) Does the way you breathe determine anything? Do you stay relaxed when getting tattooed?
relaxed is the only way chill and it will go fast and not hurt half as much imo

7) What is the best cream to make the tattoo heal the quickest?
matter of opinion

8) Do all tattoos scab? If there do.. and you don’t pick them how do there come of, I take it when you’re alseep etc right…?
yup 99% of them will and it just falls off dont pick it

9) Is it worth buying these ”numbing creams” I’ve seen online.. or is best to just suck it up and get on with it?
big no no the cream will make the ink fade and the tattoo wont be as good as it could of been

10) Have you had any negative responses with your tattoos? When you get visible tattoos/heavy tattooed do you have to be prepared to be stared at? (not that I mind, I don’t personally care what people think of me)
yes lots of staring ect mainly from older people

11) Have any of your tattoos actually stopped you getting a job you APPLIED for?
they are nicknamed “job stoppers for a reason 😛 so yes

12) Hopefully you will be able to answer my queries… last but not least… with your tattoos have you had any problems getting a relationship with male or female or had any family or close friends not speak to you again?
emmm i never had any problems like this

GeordieTattooLover
Participant
@geordietattoolover

Thanks alot both people who answered all questions – put me into prospective.

mcdougalz
Participant
@mcdougalz
GeordieTattooLover;75251 wrote:
Do you bother bringing any drink with you? Where do you focus your eyes if you don’t look at him tattooing you if you don’t mind me asking… 😀

No I dont take anything to drink with me. I usually just keep my eyes closed. I think that you are just psyching yourself out, chill and just get the tattoo done.:)

MrSultan531
Participant
@mrsultan531

Its really person by person. For me, i didnt eat anything at all and went if for an all day, 5 hours of color on my back. I didnt have anything to eat the entire day until i got back to my house at like 9 at night. i didnt have a problem at all, but i did notice i felt like i was sick later that night, like my body was like ohhhhh shittttt what did you do that i need to fix now?

And for breathing? I did this weird hold it in and tighten up by the third hour i guess just to brace myself because i had been there, just sitting on a chair hunched over a bit for so long. I most likely should have brought something to do, but all three times i just sorta sit there, half listening to the movies that are on because the tv is higher and i cant look up…

I would say prepare for the worst, eat everything short of exploding, take something to do, and an ipod. That way you got your body full, eyes set on something else, ears focused elsewhere, and that should be good enough, otherwise i wouldn’t get anything done. 😀

xiaomiao
Participant
@xiaomiao

I just had my first done on Saturday. It was an 8 hr sitting.

Pain is the nerves way of telling the brain that your body might be in danger. What I did was to convince my brain that the nerve signals were not to be interpreted as pain. So, for the most part, I could feel the needle, but I didn’t feel pain – it’s hard to explain, but it worked.

After 7 hours my pain was still OK, but my body said “stop” as a wave of dizzyness suddenly washed over me. I took a 10 minute break and got some anesthetic topical spray on the tattoo before completing the tattoo with no problem. The tattoo artist said the body reacted because after all it was a great trauma to the skin. He said I had a ver high tolerance of pain.

I ate and drank moderately on the day.

GeordieTattooLover
Participant
@geordietattoolover

Mine will not be 8hrs haha about 2hrs.

So have good meal and drink of coke and just suck it up?

xiaomiao
Participant
@xiaomiao
GeordieTattooLover;75335 wrote:
Mine will not be 8hrs haha about 2hrs.

So have good meal and drink of coke and just suck it up?

Basically, yeah! And tell yourself – “If Nicole Richie can stand the pain, so can I!” LOL 😀

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

My tactic is to act like I am a spy and the artist is torturing mw trying to get information. I’m my own Jack Bauer!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.