RumpyPumpy
@

Hi all

I had a light blue small bird tattoo on upper arm that I have had for 12 years and was very happy with it. About 12 weeks ago I went to a tattoo artist for it to be relined and recoloured as it had aged and he put a new blue colour into it and added a purple colour. I followed the usual after care and when the scabbing and peeling finished I used Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula (with Vitamin E) CONCENTRATED cream for knees/hands/elbows and feet (NOT the normal Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E lotion) to moisturise it.
Having a good look at it now there is brown areas in the blue part of the tattoo and I don’t know what caused it, I have a feeling its crap inks used by the tattoo artist. I have a new half sleeve the top part is 2 weeks old and the bottom part is 1 week old (from a different artist) and I need to moisturise it as the scabs have gone and peeling is starting and I want to use the normal cocoa butter lotion but am petrified of turning the light areas brown.
I have attached the best photos (sorry they are a big huge) I can of the bird I hope someone can help or reassure me before I use the lotion

This is a few hours after the work on 5th August 2010

DSCF0079.jpg

These are today 3rd October 2010

DSCF0029.jpg
DSCF0031.jpg
DSCF0033.jpg
DSCF0032.jpg

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I’ve never heard of a lotion messing with the color of a tat. That said, I would use a less complicated lotion. I use H2Ocean while it’s healing and trader joes scentless lotion after.

My opinion is that the artist, ink and technique play the most vital roles in the overall look of the finished tat. Your job after should be as simple as keeping it clean and try to keep it from scabbing too bad by keeping it lotioned up.

BTW- Post some photos of the half sleeve when you get a chance!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.