Joshy
Participant
@joshy

I need some input on a design i have going on in my head

I want a clown tattoo holding a gun and some playing cards..

Is there anybody who has any idea’s on this? E.G better designs, colour work, how big, what should be Incorporated?

Any ideas would be cool

Thanks!!

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

that all depends on you man. for colors, i would say go for bright happy colors, and make the clown looking suuuper evil, with the gun barrel smoking and the cards all bent/torn… so its sort of contradicting to the eye. evil clown, with such bright happy colors? awesome.

as for size and details, thats all on you. the bigger you get it, the more detailed it can be usually, And the more that can be incorporated into the piece. this is something i would say could basically go anywhere except the back or chest… in my opinion it would look best anywhere on the arms or legs, maybe on your side. but like i said, its all about preference. what are YOUR plans for it?

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Why clowns? This sounds like a really creepy tattoo. Clowns freak me the fuck out.

Make sure you find a good artist that can maximize you skin color on this tat or you are going to end up with a lot of white in the piece and that will be a bitch to take care of. Apostle’s right on, you need to choose how detailed you want it. A full back piece covering the back of your legs up to your head is going to have a lot more detail than something on your wrist.

Joshy
Participant
@joshy

Clowns are just something different.

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

gsouder’s point about the white ink is good, be prepared to get frequent touch ups and take good care of it.

as for it being something different… clowns are nothing close to original my friend. ive seen at least a dozen clown tattoos in person, and many more in magazines, online, etc. if you mean your getting it to BE different… then i would wait to make sure you actually want it. give it another year. that response makes me think that you havnt put any thought into this at all.

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

Saying clown tattoos are different is like saying star tattoos are different.
Evil clowns are even more unoriginal than happy clowns. Clowns with guns again TOTALLY generic.
Is it meant to represent something inparticular or is it just a tattoo for tattoos sake?

Joshy
Participant
@joshy

Thanks for the in put guys.

I’m considering a design or a guy with a clown masked raised above his head, with a gun and sack of money in his hand and maybe police chasing him..

I think Apostle 228 is right though i do need to think long and hard.

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228
Joshy;74439 wrote:
Thanks for the in put guys.

I’m considering a design or a guy with a clown masked raised above his head, with a gun and sack of money in his hand and maybe police chasing him..

I think Apostle 228 is right though i do need to think long and hard.

haha… long and hard.. you WOULD think about it…. 😮

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.